B5 Avant on 19's pic required

jcb

Reaction score
as above, anyone running their B5 on 19's OEM or otherwise.
can you post a side on Pic and give me an idea of ride and handling compared to 18's..........****** brakes don't fit!!

Dude before and after shots of the wheels and I raised it 20mm

jcb what brakes dont fit?! they must be helluva size, you can get 312's under 16's and quite a few cossie owners have 360's under 18's!

Think its the B7 callipers and huge mad mental discs

correct, 360mm B5 or B7 RS4 discs and B7 8 pots.
discs are well within size and I had a set of 4 pot brembo calipers under there but the pad/discs coverage was poor.

they must only be catching by 1mm it is so close, haven't tried spacers yet, hoping a 5-10mm spacer might give me the room.

Chris, are those RS6 reps or OEM?
what is the ride like?
I am on coilovers already and am worried that losing 1/2" of rubber might shake my fillings out!!
IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

I am sure a few S4/RS4 guys have 18s with the RS6 brakes. Must just be your alloys, I think BBS CH and OZ super leggra should work is 18".

They are Reps Ed, the ride isnt too bad, on A roads and motorway really good bit rough on bad B roads though fella.

I did not notice much difference when I had the 19s on, but they did weigh a ton!!

I remember having to lift then up onto the loft on top of the garage and about hurt my back where as with the 17s I can manage it pretty easily.

apparently there is hope!!
spacers may do it....watch this space.
have a spare pair if anyone fancies going large!

Wat will it take to get them to fit the FWD model??? I assume they will need soem sort of adaptors.

RS4/S4 hub carriers and drive shafts (£120-50 all in from my experience)

bolt straight on, needs discs though as I sold the B5 RS4 calipers and non drilled discs to my new spanish friend.
discs are £500 new or you sometimes see them on ebay...like I did
non drilled B5 discs go for £100 second hand or £300 new.
either way it is waaaaaaay cheaper than the £3k conversions you see quoted.....

I'll look into it fella as I think the shafts are different on the FWD models, the ends are different sizes too, I'll look into it and let you know Ed.

I had brackets made by quatronics for 130 ish so they can do any caliper and saves changing the hubs etc.

I've spoken to them about my brembos Marky, hes gonna sort me out when I collect them.

according to Doc the FWD inner CV are the same as S4
only issue is on 4WD as they have smaller inner cv bolt pattern

for £130 I would rather spend it on the correct hubs and shafts than an adapter

I'll check it out tonigh Ed and let you know ASAP, hmmm massive brakes!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like it a lot LOL