EPC Light on briefly, VAGCOM lead for sale anyone?

SonicDeathmonkey

Reaction score
My EPC light came on briefly today and the engine would not rev above 2,000rpm.

Switched off and restarted after a minut and the light went off, drives as normal now!

However, I thought that I should get myself VAGCOM. Does anyone have a lead to sell?

Electronic Power Control (EPC).

Think its notification that the car is in limp mode.

I have seen some threads previously that not all leads offer all functionality. Is this true?

you cant use the latest vagcom software which means you cant use it on canbus equipped cars. But the B5 isnt canbus equipped so the cheap leads work fine.

The free software doesn't quite offer the full functionality but you could buy(find) the full software and use an ebay lead quite happily

I have one you could have used if you passed by etc, i "may" be able to show you how the software works with a demo version :undwech:

Oh well, I have the lead on order and the car is in the garage.

Going to get the EGT sensors replaced while it is in. They were reporting faults last time it was in the garage.

Yeah just limp mode, if it was momentarily on & cleared straight away it would seem to be ok & no urgent rush to logon.

Watch those cheap leads mate as I've tried few before I bought real thing, they can feck up some electronics seriously & 2 cables later I got refunded & bought proper one of ross-tech.

But in meantime cost me a tilt sensor & **** load of time tracking issue & as leads didnt work I couldnt logon to check problem.

Did on my newer A3 & have read few others on other forums, I wouldnt risk it TBH, you might find u r ok but depends if you wanna risk any damage as what it could cost further down road would be maybe more than the authentic cable.

Plus with authentic you can use latest versions & updates FOC, I personally think I was stupid not to do in 1st place, really was, saved me literally thousands in hours if was done by the stealers, I mean its £260 delivered in UK, thats like only 2.5 hours by stealers, how hours would you use it on your car for????

Also the free version is very very limited & cant do hardly anything, very outdated & doesnt give you access to all the modules you might have on your car.

Some of the cheap ones are specifically not to be used when connected to the internet as it will damage the cable if the software checks for updates, trust me I know that 100%.

Point made I think.