couple of mod questions

AUDI TURBO

Reaction score
is this intercooler any good on ebay? 320246621587?? or is the autobahn one better?

does fitting a silcone itnake pipe make any performance difference??

does fitting a new acuator rod make any difference because the forge one says as satndard there new rod is meant for same or just about factory boost but then can supply it with a tougher spring??

and does the N75 wear out or does it either just work or completly stop working??

sorry for so many quetsions :anbet:

FMIC looks little narrow to me, but dont quote me, forge S3 has more surface coverage I think & thats a smaller car, does it need to be narrow for fitment behind front?

Silicone intake will withstand more boost/vacumm pressure so it wont collapse as S3 intake was uprated to silicone to stop the collapse when remapped engine, so it could help for performance as it wouldnt be prone to the collapse issues.

Others I will have to pass on or if I get some notes will post later.

Dont use the FMIC, its ****** small as I did the measurements on the tape, its only really suitable for a Tesco's trolley, lol, seriously dont even bother as another thread had someone asking about it & same conclusion fella.

I would say so or Forge do one for the S3 which you could custom fit no?

I dont know how much the autobahn one is mate, then one thing about the forge S3 one is the bumper does cover a fair bit of it which IMHO defeats the object no?

But seems to still work according to others, but I would think if it was a clear open space to the FMIC you would see dramatic temp differences.

Can you humour me & when fitting dont put the bumper/crash bar back on straight away, test the temps before FMIC, then test with FMIC on but without bumper & bar then stick the bumper/bar on & get temps then so we can actually see the differences fella when driving in those 3 states down the same road preferrably same weather aswell.

Hope its not asking to much, would be much appreciated & alot of help to others considering.

forge do one for the A4 also...I have one

forge do one for the A4 also...I have one

Aha, knew someone would say that, lol.

Is it E-Longated to fit at the bottom fella so gets max air onto it, as the S3 one is big but alot of hidden behind bumper.

DSC03094-1.jpg

looks like this, 40mm core width to avoid any loss of bumper bar.

Ah thats more like it, lower for the lower middle grill no?

Perfect I would say.

JCB, nice neat job fella really is from that image, my eyes are not bad but it looks perfectly level, did you stick a level on it, go on tell us u did, lol, lol.

nope,
Forge used my car as the development vehicle........didn't do a thing
They had my car for two weeks whilst I was on holiday and I drove away with a nice new intercooler in return.
great service!

thats a touch huh, howz yer luck, thats not cheap huh, probably 1k+ worth of work no?

i would imagine, FMIC, silicon pipes, aluminium pipes, nice new alloy recirc valve, labour....
very nice peice of kit though

I bet it is, any honest difference would you say?

huge.
fuel consumption went down by 2-3mpg according to the MFA reading
(tested it at a set speed on the flat before and after)
holds power much longer into the top end of the rev range, especially after lots of hard driving. old one always tailed off more and more as it got hotter and hotter.
intake temps are down by 30-40%

Cool, how'd you manage to pull that one of, do you know forge well anyway?

no, at the time I didn't know them at all.
neither Pace or Forge had B5 chassis FMIC available, Pace said they were thinking about it and Forge said they had just had someone pull out of loaning their car. They need it longer than a couple of days...perfect holiday offstreet parking!!

Contact Richard Washbrook on richard@forgemotorsport.Co.Uk he will make sure you get the right one

MIGHT JUST GO FOR AUTOBAHN ONE. SEEM EASY TOFIT TOO. PLUS LOOK MINT! THROUGHT HE GRILL AT THE FRONT