Snub mount

Its now the one i will have soon too,lol

I notice on hard changes i get a lot of transmission movement, ans the box mounts are all new from the transplant, so i hope this will help.

I was playing with an S14 last night, and creamed him on cornering and braking, but he drove past me on the straight like i was standing still.And the annoying thing is his car isnt all that tuned either, just a boost controller and decat

Thanks

They make a lot of difference for the money they cost, well worth getting.

Mine fitted straight into the alloy mounting but ive heard that some people have had to take some of the edge off the snub mount in order to get them to fit.

Also some people take the front end of the car apart to fit them, no need to,

I undid both engine mounts and the gearbox mounts, undo the bolts that hold the alloy mounting to the engine then jack the engine up as far as it will go,

You will have enough clearance to remove the mounting and bush, refit in reverse :icon_thumright:

Thanks again, oh and sorry bout the dash thing, i got the car on the road and completely forgot to get the dash done while she was in bits

No probs, it would be easier to do if the car was with the dash, then i could see if everything works okay and do some fine tweaking if needed, would be a nice steady ride out for ya, lol

I was wondering the same thing myself if this would fit the B5, gues you guys answered the question lol.

I was playing with an S14 last night, and creamed him on cornering and braking, but he drove past me on the straight like i was standing still.And the annoying thing is his car isnt all that tuned either, just a boost controller and decat

Thanks

Have to say after owning a jap car myself and just having a Apexi AVCR and a intake and exhaust i got 262 bhp on the rollers, it doesn't take much for a S14 to see good figures by bolt on mods :yes:
Just a shame Audi's are not like that :(

Thats the exact snub mount i have as well, much better than the round ones.

S14 with de-cat and AVCR will be about, 240ish and the SR20 is a very good revvy engine, mine always put the power down well.

i out handled and out broke him, so on any "normal" roads(race tracks) i would have been quicker. I actually waited for him to catch up to test out the straight, then he drove past me. I so need this new turbo and the remap sorted

yer thats the mount ive just fitted too

As for taking the front of the car apart, it takes about 5 minutes to remove the front bumper and another 5 to undo the bolts on the bumber shocks and replace the one with threaded rod so it can slide forwards. Undoing engine mounts and jacking the engine seems like far more awkward a job than just removing the bumper and moving the lock carrier

Its made quite a difference to ours. I recon some other mounts are also a bit worn as there is still movement. But before it was really bad, best way i can describe it is as if there was a heavy steel ball in the engine bay, and any time you lifted off the throttle when under load it felt like the ball was rolling forwards and hitting the front of the car. So any time you lifted off it was like there was two jolts, one from removing the power and another shortly after as the engine slammed itself into the snub mount.

The car could probably benefit from new engine and transmission mountings too however those are quite far down the to-do list atm.

Hi,

I just received this mount, I knew it was for a B6 rather than B5 but presumed it would be the same. But, the hole in the middle isn't round and I presume the B6 torque arm that this normally fits into isn't either(?). Did you modify the mount at all to make it fit over the round metal tube thing on the B5 or does it just press on?

Cheers

Simon

Thanks Aragorn, I might give it a go this afternoon!

Cheers
Simon