sunroof has a mind of its own

that will be the switch itself in the roof. Known issue as the copper contacts break or wear out. Pull it off and take a look, it will be quite obvious!.

cool nice 1 the911sc. i thought it mite be as i wiggled the switch about and it started moving. my bass also sets it off which is quite funny, er... no it was not, tunes going, pissin down with rain and the sun roof opens!! lol

i loves cars!

Ive just had to pull out a chunk of plastic that was causing my sunroof not to close. Everytime the sunroof met resistance it opened again, Im just not sure that it wont happen again as it appears that the plastic came from one of the guide rails. And it looks awkward to replace/remove. I desperately need to get a digi camera so someone can give me an opinion on what I should do.

When I had the issue ages ago, I changed the whole light cluster (picked up for a fiver in the good old days of GTi international).
May be worth phoning around..

thanks gsb1, i have followed that link and now resoved the problem i think. all clicks of the switch work and every thing is sweet.

thanks to turbo lag ftw also as there was a few dirty lumps of plastic on the runners!

You think thats bad, i was sat in traffic in really really bad rain and the sunroof just fully opened and i was with a girl and well...yeh..you get the point...wet hair and see through top!!! alriiiggghhhtttt thankyou audi! haha :yahoo:

This is the 2nd thread i've read where i've actually had the problem within weeks of reading it. Last time was the ABS ECU fault :-(

Still, looks like a nice easy fix!

Has anyone done this fix on a pre-facelift? I had a go earlier following the instructions on the Audiworld link, but found my unit to look completely different. The pre-facelift unit appears to be completely sealed.

I had an 03 golf GTi. Put down the drivers window with the "one touch" and it would bounce at the bottom, set the sunroof to open and the two of them would just open/close until I turned the ignition off. Mental.

Has anyone done this fix on a pre-facelift? I had a go earlier following the instructions on the Audiworld link, but found my unit to look completely different. The pre-facelift unit appears to be completely sealed.

I did this on a pre-facelift. Instructions were good for me.

You did follow the B5 article not the B6?

How embarrassing...

Thanks GSB1! I'll have another stab tonight... using the correct instructions. I'd gone and bought a small torx driver set as well, as the B6 fix needs a T9 bit. What a dumbass!