Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    5th Gear

Status

Rattle from the back

Ok I have a new annoying noise !@$@#
    have a rattle that sounds like it is coming from the rear of the car (underneath) I thought it was a loose heat shield but have fastened the loose bit back and am still getting the noise, also just discovered that I get the same noise (for a quick second) when I am rolling and apply the brakes.

has anyone else had this? its getting really annoying now

I can only hear it when I have the windows open, which is mmore and more now the sun is here

cheers guys

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    rear pads rattling??

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    box of nuts and bolts in the boot?

Aye you know it makes sense

Status
    i've got a suspension rattle think its the strut top bearing playing up it stops if I load the car up

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    box of nuts and bolts in the boot?
    howay man gimme some credit!

tried driving while riding the brakes, and the noise seems to stay off, (hard to tell as not always there)

need to have a look when I get a day off and see what I can do to get rid of it

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

5th Gear

Status
    okay finally got finished early enough to get a look, it is the rear pad rattling,
    so time for some noew rear pads, any recomendations for quality makes?

cheers

2001 S3 (AMK)

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    rear pads rattling??
    I hear the Ferodo ones are good, bite well and dont seem to fade, but then you would prob need to do the fronts so as not to unbalance the car

5th Gear

Status
    Ferodo pads fitted and no more rattle, oh happy days

2001 S3 (AMK)