60/40 rear seats? How to on non 60/40 car?

Andy.B

Reaction score
As most people know i am keeping the RS4 rep now after i have put the engine back to mostly standard.

Seeing as it has been off the road for ages and haven't spent much time on it i would like to fit my S4 interior now.
I have the hinges for the split seats but thats it ... Is there a guide out there that can help me or is this a go it alone idea lol??

Is your rear bulkhead fixed, as in non-drop down seats?

Yes i assume i would have to grind it out for the 60/40's as its only a thin sheet of metal.

ive only ever seen quattro saloon models with split seats, so probably no holes to mount hinges? base should be a straight swap though

The base is a straight swap, but the bulkhead needs to be removed. I looked at drilling the spot welds. but ended up cutting the section out, and welding some inch x inch angle down the cut edge, and along the floor./ The catches line up on the angle so are mounted nice and strong, and the hinges are mounted into the wheel arches and bent to make them line up to the seats.
The side bolsters and the rear boot trims cover any metal work nicely

Hmmm thats the bits im missing the catches, take it i can rob them off any old a4 that has 60/40's?
Byzan have you got any pic's?

i could take some, but you wouldnt see much as the trims hide it all, what specifically do you want pics of??

Just the hole cut out, and the inch angle you have welded on also the seat catches really, just so i have a general idea of what needs to be done... cutting and welding are not a problem.

Andy, without stripping the trims out its hard to get to the angle,i may get a chance over the weekend, however these are what i took just now
Angle accross the floor welded to the floor and to the angle uprights
100_1320.jpg

The uprights go behind this catch, so that the catch is mounted to something solid
100_1321.jpg

The centre bracket, i used a nutsert gun to mount nuts into the metalwork
100_1322.jpg

And the trimmed look from the boot
100_1324.jpg

I knew i should have taken progress shots

Cool thanks for that, think i kinda get whats going on there. Didn't realize that the catches were bolted in... makes my life easier at the scrappy. Oh and what is a nut sert gun?