Which DV?

audivro

Reaction score
Hi,want to go for a remap but will be renewing all the items which need to be uprated first.Looking at a new dv but dont want an atmospheric dv but at the same time want a tiny bit more sound than the standard unit.Does for instance the forge or similar give a slightly more noticeable sound?Used to be in the jap seen with a highly modded gt4 with a hks bov which made a fantastic noise more of a screech but got on my proverbials after a while.I have heard the rs boys coming into work with there forge dump valves which are way to noisey and quite annoying on road test:yes:!!

Any ideas?

Ive got a GFB BOV that can be set to 100% atmo to 10% (or full recirc), seems to work well.
if you want it to sound like your bonnet just exploded 100% does it, but the car thinks it's overheating and can go into limp mode lol.
I run mine on 10%, while i push to full boost it gives me a little PSSHT.

IVE GOT FORGE 007 DUMP VALVE ON MINE GIVES SLIGHT WOOSH NOISE BUT NOT TOO LOUD

I bought the TT one as its so much cheaper than the forge unit and is just as goos IMO and will easily take remap etc.

if you want to hear the valve then change the inlet tract. If you junk all the pipework thats coming off the stock airbox (the snorkel that runs to the grille etc) and fit a "performance" filter you'll hear it better, if you ditch the airbox completely and fit a cone it will be louder still.

Forge 007..excellent after sales. Anything wrong and they will just replace it. 2 years after i fitted mine and they sent me a new piston and 'o' rings + grease for nowt....fantastic!!

hi,many thanks for all the reply's,i do favour function before form and at £16 +vat i think the 225 tt seems to be the way to go at the moment especially after spending a mahoooosive amount on our wedding recently(and all worth it).seems a bargain.Thanks for the idea regarding the pipe aragorn could well be the best of both worlds that way.

when i had the 225tt dump valve on mine did perofrma at all well for me. forge 100% better and also as above siad after sales were 600% even sent me a key ring and extra springs out foc!!!!!!

Another vote for the Forge here. Had mine fitted by JBS when they did my chip. Sure the price was under £90 fitted.

It does give a nice woosh noise when on the gas.

Probably worth mentioning that it is recommended that you regrease it at least once a year iirc.

N

and again for the forge 007, sounds very nice after remap, got mine used with spring kit, very simple nothing much to go wrong, just unscrews to grease/service