Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status

a4 2000 indicators not working

hi all this side of the forum my girlfreinds dad has a a4 2000 and his indicators have stopped working sometimes it will flash once when he 1st puts them on but wont continue to flash after, however the hazzards still work fine

sounds like a relay fault to me is there a seperate relay for the indicators to the hazzards?? or is it on the same line

is this a common fault or has anyone else here experienced this fault and had it repaired??

many thanks in advance, kev

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    The hazard switch is the relay, swap that out and you will be fine. The unit contains 2 flasher units, one for the hazards and one for the indicators

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    The hazard switch is the relay, swap that out and you will be fine. The unit contains 2 flasher units, one for the hazards and one for the indicators
    nice one mate did wonder if the hazzard switch maybe the relay as is on other vehicles i had a look on auto data at my work the other day but couldnt find anything about hazzard relay or indicator relay

1st Gear

Status
    This might help :

2007 A4 3.0tdi Quattro S-line, Lava Grey Pearl, 229+bhp, 6 speed manual, Cruise control, Auto wipers/lights, Parking sensors all round, RNS-E Sat Nav, Heated Volterra leather, Adaptive Bi-Xenon plus headlights, Bluetooth phone prep/voice control, DRL, i-Pod dock, Coming home lights, A4 B5 front spring seat mod, LED DRL/side light/numberplate lights, Window tints, Cupra R front splitter, Black front grill, 3.5" custom tail pipes, 8.5x19 Calibre Excalibre wheels running 225/40/19, ET30-R ET35-F.

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    cheers for the wiring diagram think i might have had a wiring diagram at work but didnt have time to look at least now i havent got to try and find time excellent will orderthe hazzard switch tmoz