New wheels time.

Reaction score
Guys, Im looking to fit some new 18s and have a couple of questions:

i) I would prefer 8x18", but would 8.5x18" fit?

ii) I have been in touch with SWT (South West Tyres), has anyone used them before? They have a decent range and do decent wheel/tyre packages.

iii) Im fairly sure I need 225/40/R18 tyres, but is anyone using something different?

Regards,

N

Hmm, ok I guess I was being too general in my last post.

I was originally looking at BBS LM reps, but when specifying my requirements (8x18, et35 etc) was simply told this was irrelevant and that the wheels would simply fit based on the model and make of my car. I was a little put back tbh.

I have since decided to avoid replicas (due to many being of unknown origin) and decided to go original.

Now I've seen a set of BBS RXs, however the website states the fit for the 1996-2000 A4 is 8x18, et32. Ok this is only a few mm of et35, but I'm worried this is incorrect.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

N

I would suppose it depends how low she is, 35 is quite close to the edge of the wings IIRC, so 32 is 3mm more ( obviously ) As long as you not dragging the floor, i cant see it being a problem

Hi,

I've got H&R springs on, but I'd say they were only 10mm or so lowever than the standard tqs, so I'm def not 'in the weeds' as they say.

I will talk to the supplier tomorrow, just concerned that many suppliers may just be reading fitments from a predefined list - 'supposed to fit' and actually fitting are very different ideas.

Cheers

N

I've got 8.5jx18s et42 fitted with 235/40/18 tyres and i've no fitment issues. I always thought there had to be an et of between 35 and 45 for the B5 but i may well be wrong...

Joost, I thought the same, but I've done some digging and found this : http://stuff.tungstentech.com/Cars/S4_Wheels/s4_wheels.html

About halfway down there is a chap called Loanshark, with BBS RXIIs and his are 8.5x18", et32.

Looking at his pic: http://stuff.tungstentech.com/Cars/S4_Wheels/ramsey_side.jpg.

Looks like I should be ok, his wheels are half an inch wider, his tyres a wider profile and hes also running coilovers.

I don't believe his car being an S4 will make any difference. I'll check with the supplier, but things are looking good :thumbsup:

N