Rear brake hoses

Broken Byzan

Photographic Moderator
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all, can you guys tell me what fluid connections you have on your rear calipers?

I have the Ally calipers and have a banjo connector to connect the rear flexi to the axle, only the goodridge hoses i have are completly different. Goodridge have been very helpful, i am just trying to find out what most of us have, ie banjo or not etc, also pics would be good.

Thanks
Mark

mine are the early iron calipers and dont have banjos

the hose just screws into the caliper, you have to spin the whole caliper round and round to get the hose on and off as the fitting is fixed to the hose

sounds like your hoses are for the early calipers?

I'll check mine today Bri, when I get back, but I think mine are cast. I'll get back to you fella

Ok so here is mine, deffo not the same as included in the Goodridge kit, however having been on to their techie guy we have a solution.... They are going to make me some hoses that fit and send them out to me FOC............RESULT:applaus:

100_1225.jpg

Also anyone contemplating rebuilding a stuck caliper, give it a go, i bought a kit from bigg red and it contains everything you could possibly need. I stripped the caliper and cleaned the piston and bore, flushed it all with brake cleaner. Once that had evaperated i lubed the piston and new seal and stuck it together, they now can be wound in and out with just the windy tool, and no big spanners and two people,lol:applaus:

Ok so here is mine, deffo not the same as included in the Goodridge kit, however having been on to their techie guy we have a solution.... They are going to make me some hoses that fit and send them out to me FOC............RESULT:applaus:

That is the same setup as the rear of my A4, The reason I know this is as only last week I had a leak from that exact union, I've replaced the washers either side at a cost of £2. All good with no more leaking. =)