IS THERE SUCH A THING.........

AUDI TURBO

Reaction score
.Im soory to bring this up again but as i said before my jetex exhuast system is annoying me it so quite and it feels a waste of cash. i want a roaty sound. So is there abolt on replacement that will remove my side baffel box. if this was a normal car and it was in the middle i could obviously just attach a piece of straight pipe. but it fit behind and to the right of the back box. im not saying i want hi im chav loud but i want this foot to floor and little smile comes on face loud?? HELP!! Im serious if this isnt sorted soon im going to sell the system and buy another better one

I had a Powerflow cat back system made up and the sound is exactly what I was after.. explained what I wanted and they did the rest. It's probably louder than most people would want but I love it!!

GOOD NEWS!!! spoke to jetex today for abouy £50.00 inc p+p then can send out s/steel bend and straight pipe etc to bypass the sound box. ill let you know how i get on !!!!!1

DONE!!!!!!!!! middle box gone. wow it loud,...........................................

an exhaust should have no bearing on fuel consumption whatsoever tbh

It may be the case that on a non-turbo engine, with a badly designed manifold, you would lose some midrange torque by fitting an exhaust will less restriction than standard, which may result in reduced fuel consumption due to the engines reduced performace as you'd tend to put the welly in more ;)

On a turbocharged car (and on a nat asp car with a properly designed manifold) you basically want the largest pipe possible to get rid of the gasses and to make the engine as efficient as possible.

Kind of makes sense Aragorn, but I was comparing the noise you get from a peirced back box to this style of exhaust which from personal experience sank the juices from my old astra Gte.

I suppose if the gasses ar being dispersed of optimally, there should be no reason for the fuel efficiency to change.

Rich

i dont know if this to do with my pipe split(see other thread) but from £10.00 i get 40 miles!!!!!!!!

WOW. !! I could do that flat out, but something is wrong

I have managed 60 miles on £20 before, even 40 miles on a tenner is still 20mpg ish, you are probably enjoying the noise a bit too much

well i got a hole in my dump valve pipe?? w i know im abit right foot heavy put im not driving flat out all time?? any suggestions??