is this genuine?

It doesn't look like mine, so I'd say non-OEM.

But, my car's pre-facelift, not sure if the design changed later on.

mine is prefacelift too,
ill steer clear of that one then, how much are they -ish from audi? the rest and mounting bractry etc?

really really need one, i mean, my mondeo has one and my audi does not, maddness i tell thee

I found that they do get in the way some what, Mine spends most of its time up,unless i am stuck somewhere waiting in the car or spmething, then it comes down as its comfy to lean against

Mine's always in the "down" position, never been obtrusive at all.

I found the armrest obstructive when I tried it for the first time but I got used to it. It's stayed in the down position ever since. But it does somewhat makes me feel a bit laid back whilst driving.

I find getting to the handbrake that's tricky... oh, and shifting into 2nd, 4th or 6th!

@Adam-D: I've got a mushroom coloured interior, I'd be surprised if you have a matching one to swap!

not genuine, mine is facelift and it doesnt look like that

It doesn't look like mine, so I'd say non-OEM.

But, my car's pre-facelift, not sure if the design changed later on.
Post and pre facelift consoles are the same shape but the catch release is pull up on facelift and slide across on pre-facelift ,at least it was on the ones i had.

Anyone got a pic of a facelift armrest?

I just bought one but its a preface lift and think I would maybe rather have a facelift one. But I am not sure whether I can be bothered with the hassle of selling this one and sourcing a facelift.

the armrest are more square than the one on ebay, also didn't know if there was a difference between armrest

not sure if this is any good, but its all I got

S4Seats.jpg

I've had both pre-facelift (S4) and post-facelift (RS4) and they are both the same shape and catch assembly.

Enzo - loving those clean Recaros! Fancy swapping for black? ;)

Mine is definitely genuine. Just can tell its the old type by the texture on the button.

I think the only difference will be the button to open will be more like the type on the b6 and b7 shape ones where the button to open is bigger and a pull up not a slide along.