recommended lowering springs/dampers

audivro

Reaction score
Hi,love the audi but hate the 'feeling sea sick'ride:laugh: i am not a boy racer by any stretch of the imagination but want a sharper ride and lower appearance without the bone jarring ride so as close to a sporty oem feel as possible.will shortly be getting some tt competion wheels or similar so dont want it 'slammed'!!!!

any info,what do you guys use or advise?

I'm running Bilstein sport dampers (yellow) and Eibach springs designed for the RS4.

30 - 35mm lower, though my front is higher than the rear, I allowed for this though. The RS4 engine and 6-speed box are a fair bit heavier than my 2,6L V6 12V, and 5-speed box, but my 4,2L V8 32V motor and 6-speed box will bring it down.

Ride comfort hasn't suffered at all, but then again, my car is a Sport model, and sat about 20mm lower than stock A4Q. Handling is sharper too.

siena: does the 4.2 v8 have an alloy block? I had originally thaught all the V8's were alloy right from the beginning when they were introduced in the Audi 200 (V8) but ive since heard conflicting stories?

I'd imagine if it does have an alloy block and if the V6 is cast iron there probably wont be much in the weight, if anything the v8 may be lighter?

I like the H&R Race springs and I'm told they work well with Bilstein or like me Audi sport shock but now have switched to RS4 shocks and they are great.

siena: does the 4.2 v8 have an alloy block? I had originally thaught all the V8's were alloy right from the beginning when they were introduced in the Audi 200 (V8) but ive since heard conflicting stories?

I'd imagine if it does have an alloy block and if the V6 is cast iron there probably wont be much in the weight, if anything the v8 may be lighter?

The V8's were indeed all aluminium, from the very first 3,6L V8, introduced in 1989.

The V8 IS heavier than the iron block V6 12V.
It's only marginally lighter than the 2,7L V6 biturbo 20V, which again, is a lot heavier than both the 12V engines.

The 6-speed box is of the 01E family, a lot heavier than the 01A 5 speed currently sitting in the car.

The 01E is closely related to the older 016 series 5-speed, with a lot of cast-iron used in construction.

where would be a good place to get decent bilstien shocks and eibach springs? for an avant