Insurance.. hmmm?

Lee Goodall

Reaction score
Just got a few insurance quotes on my Audi and to add my girlfriend who's 3 years younger than me it's a few pounds cheaper.. what's going on there?

Its more to add my GF, as mine is modified i assume, it was £100 extra IIRC, she is 25 and i am 36, full no claims etc etc

I may have neglected a few of the less obvious mods.. turbo and remap!!

..still the fact that it came out cheaper is odd.. if I add my 96 year old Nan it may save me £££s lol

I hope you cc her on this message for a few brownie points...

Cheers,

I had my ex on my old evo 6 for a year after we parted ways cos she dropped my insurance by 300 odd quid, finally she was useful for something. However came to add add my current missus to my S4 and she put it up by over a £100, shame, she is only 21 though and I'm 27, so guess which car we always take to the pub?!

Lets just say from an insurance point of view women are less risky than men of the same age until you get to somewhere in the region of 50 - 55 where statistically men become better drivers.......... Usually adding someone who is older or female will help with the risk you pose to the company especially if you are regarded as young (under 35, under 30 with some companies).

Oh and don't ask what I do for a living :undwech:

It's all just statistics at the end of the day. Women have less accidents than men, not because they're better drivers, just purely because statistically they do less than a quarter of the miles a man does. Strangely mileage is never monitored in an insurance situation (or in a speeding situation), so saying you do less than 10k miles a year will have the same effect.
If you cut the data by mileage, women have far more accidents than men (per mile), but I guess it's something that's impossible for an insurance company to monitor or enforce.

got a quote from flux £400 done some sarchin and got £300 from esure
not liking this trend i see of blokes having younger girlfriends mines 3 years older damn it!!!!