Turbo upgrade :)

Lee Goodall

Reaction score
The first part from my turbo upgrade list arrived today..

turbo_intake_hose.jpg

Autobahn88 silicone turbo intake hose.

My turbo will hopefully be here this week too. Got to collect my turbo fitting kit from Audi (gaskets, studs etc).

Then it's intercooler and remap!!

Went with Scroll Products SP51R turbo which is far from a Big *** Turbo but more like an alternative to the K04-15. Still good for over 225bhp although I'm probably only looking for a reliable 220 so will be plenty good enough.

I would think the Scroll should be good for around 230-240bhp with the right mapping as the K03s is good for 220bhp on a map.

a small *** turbo then is it?......

Nice one Lee, with the right map it'll pull like a train. What else you got planned???

Yeah got a map sorted but got to get my intercooler first.. probably leave the engine tuning at that for this year. Hopefully fitting coilovers and wheel spacers soonish.

Oh yeah.. bigger brakes would be nice too!

Going with CC Tuning as he comes recommended and was an Audi technician previously apparently. My friend had his new A4 2.5 TDI remapped the other week by him and hasn't stopped grinning since :happy:

Been through my modifications with him and he seems confident about achieving good gains.

Going with CC Tuning as he comes recommended and was an Audi technician previously apparently. My friend had his new A4 2.5 TDI remapped the other week by him and hasn't stopped grinning since :happy:

Been through my modifications with him and he seems confident about achieving good gains.

...and he knew straight off about the older and newer ECU models.

Yeah.. it's the older type which meant my new MAF was stupid money too.

I'll def keep posting progress reports for anyone who's interested.

He said he can do the custom map for £300.00 ish which I thought was a bargain but I'll hold judgement until I call him back when I've fitted the new parts.. as it was only an estimate over the phone!

nice, what spec is that then?

Mine a Docurley's sp1x's are being built as i type, congrats on the shiney new turbo. On yet is it?????
lol

Are you guys goin for custom remaps or stand alone ecu's?

nice, what spec is that then?

..it's similar to the K04-15 with the modified turbine etc but the SP51'R' has a twin oil feed bearing. Should be good for over 240bhp but I'm sticking with the standard AEB maf and injectors so I'm aiming for 220bhp - 230bhp with the custom map and FMIC too.

Mine a Docurley's sp1x's are being built as i type, congrats on the shiney new turbo. On yet is it?????
lol

Ha not on yet.. was hoping to fit at the weekend but my girlfriend wants to do something else if the weather's nice! grrrrrrrr lol

What's the spec on the sp1 'X' then?

Ha not on yet.. was hoping to fit at the weekend but my girlfriend wants to do something else if the weather's nice! grrrrrrrr lol

What's the spec on the sp1 'X' then?

Same as your's but re-profile turbine housings and new shaft to take a much larger turbine, I understand it should be slightly larger than the TT k04 turbo with the enhanced benifit of the twin oil feed bearing.

Same as your's but re-profile turbine housings and new shaft to take a much larger turbine, I understand it should be slightly larger than the TT k04 turbo with the enhanced benifit of the twin oil feed bearing.

Have you had to replace/modify the hot turbine housing/manifold too?

How much for that little lot and what are all the part numbers as my turbo will be shipped to day:sly:

A06A 253 039 E - GASKET £2.19+VAT. EA. (manifold/turbo) x1

A058 145 540 - SCREW £3.75+VAT. EA. (manifold/turbo) x3

A058 145 757 A - GASKET £1.53+VAT. EA. (oil drain) x1

A058 145 791 - WASHER £0.47+VAT. EA. (manifold/turbo) x3

A058 145 757 C - GASKET £1.53+VAT. EA. (oil drain) x1

A8D0 253 115 - GASKET £7.23+VAT. EA. (downpipe/turbo) x1

Only asked for one oil drain gasket but they got two (each end of drain pipe).

..also asked for three downpipe to turbo nuts but they missed them off!?!

Hope that helps.

Cool will get them on order plus the stuff left off if you have the part numbers let me know.

And thx

..not got the other part numbers yet as I usually just take a diagram to Audi and let them generate numbers etc.. they missed those bits so I didn't get them on my list!! Hopefully get back in soon then I'll let you know.

..if mine doesn't turn up before the holiday at the end of May I'll be doing the same. Don't suppose it's a problem but I just want it all fitted now ha.

My intercooler has been dispatched and should be with me for Friday :)

My new N75 solenoid has just turned up too.

Is it possible to flush the turbo oil feed pipe?.. should I just buy a new one? Got to make sure everything's in tip top working order for the new turbo.