Sky InsuranceChris Nott
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021
Results 801 to 820 of 820
  1. #801
    jcb
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    4,077
    ha, I did the same. fitted in November, warmest winter on record!

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #802
    Soupie69uk's Avatar
    Owner

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    2,752
    I drove down to Leeds in the snow in 2010 for Christmas with F1's on which were nearing the wear indicators. Were not the best.

    Got some cold weather tyres now though for when it gets chilly. Shame they have not seen any snow yet!!
    A4 1.8T Quattro

  4. #803
    Lee Goodall's Avatar
    ..got my head together!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    2,223
    After having the A4 off of the road for nearly a year due to work, life etc..

    I have finally managed to throw a few new/replacement parts on and will have her running again next weekend all being well. While she's been off of the road (originally due to the head gasket) I've taken the opportunity to replace the radiator, belts, coolant elbow & sensor, a few hoses and various other parts.

    My plan is now to make sure that everything is functioning 100%, install the new flywheel & clutch and then get booked in at R-Tech for a custom tune.

  5. #804
    Soupie69uk's Avatar
    Owner

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    2,752
    Exciting times, must be looking forward to driving the car again.
    A4 1.8T Quattro

  6. #805
    Broken Byzan's Avatar
    Photographic Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cardiff, United Kingdom
    Posts
    12,525

    My Social Networking

    Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    About bloody time....LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Goodall View Post
    After having the A4 off of the road for nearly a year due to work, life etc..

    I have finally managed to throw a few new/replacement parts on and will have her running again next weekend all being well. While she's been off of the road (originally due to the head gasket) I've taken the opportunity to replace the radiator, belts, coolant elbow & sensor, a few hoses and various other parts.

    My plan is now to make sure that everything is functioning 100%, install the new flywheel & clutch and then get booked in at R-Tech for a custom tune.

  7. #806
    Lee Goodall's Avatar
    ..got my head together!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    2,223
    Yeah I'm really looking forward to driving it again. The L200 is good for many things but acceleration and handling are not on the list lol.

    Mark - I'm aware of this thanks mate ha.

    Anyway.. I'm considering going back to a diverter valve before I visit R-tech if I can route the hose back to the TIP without too much bother. If anybody finds one going cheap I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.

  8. #807
    "Stick a V8 in it!"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Glenrothes, Fife, Scotland
    Posts
    15,391
    Your local Audi dealer will sell you one for about 30quid!

    Or if your lazy, you can try ebay:

    Genuine Audi dump valve 'the 710N' latest version DV | eBay

    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build


  9. #808
    Lee Goodall's Avatar
    ..got my head together!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    Your local Audi dealer will sell you one for about 30quid!

    Or if your lazy, you can try ebay:

    Genuine Audi dump valve 'the 710N' latest version DV | eBay
    I was considering using the 710N but I'm uncertain of the amount of boost it could handle?

  10. #809
    "Stick a V8 in it!"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Glenrothes, Fife, Scotland
    Posts
    15,391
    30psi+?

    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build


  11. #810
    Lee Goodall's Avatar
    ..got my head together!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    2,223
    What's the point of swapping these to Forge etc on cars that run them as standard?.. If they can handle that kind of boost without leaking then surely it's a waste of money for most people?

  12. #811
    "Stick a V8 in it!"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Glenrothes, Fife, Scotland
    Posts
    15,391
    Exactly, but folk like to buy the big shiney upgrade parts, even if they do nothing.

    And unlike many of the aftermarket valves, the 710N doesnt leak, and doesnt need serviced.

    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build


  13. #812
    Lee Goodall's Avatar
    ..got my head together!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    Exactly, but folk like to buy the big shiney upgrade parts, even if they do nothing.

    And unlike many of the aftermarket valves, the 710N doesnt leak, and doesnt need serviced.
    Where do I sign?

    I just need to find a way of connecting it now.

  14. #813
    Soupie69uk's Avatar
    Owner

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    2,752
    Have you moved your dv to the cold side?

    I have a hose running back to the stock location to channel the air back across the bay.
    A4 1.8T Quattro

  15. #814
    Lee Goodall's Avatar
    ..got my head together!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Soupie69uk View Post
    Have you moved your dv to the cold side?

    I have a hose running back to the stock location to channel the air back across the bay.
    Yeah it's on the cold side but the intake setup involves mostly silicone bends with very little space to get a T in. I might see if I can find a self sealing barbed connection that's the correct diameter as I've used these (but smaller diameters) for the N75 connection etc and they work really well.

  16. #815
    "Stick a V8 in it!"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Glenrothes, Fife, Scotland
    Posts
    15,391
    My lower intercooler hose from the turbo looks like this:

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/go97wkfd6n...105_101838.jpg

    Cant you squeeze a T fitting like that in and keep the DV in its stock location?

    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build


  17. #816
    Soupie69uk's Avatar
    Owner

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    2,752
    I might try one of these 710N dv's. Have a duel/split one on just now but closed it in nov to just recirculate.
    A4 1.8T Quattro

  18. #817
    Lee Goodall's Avatar
    ..got my head together!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    My lower intercooler hose from the turbo looks like this:

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/go97wkfd6n...105_101838.jpg

    Cant you squeeze a T fitting like that in and keep the DV in its stock location?
    I'm not using the stock TIP though so it's no easier than using the T from the cold side that's already in place.

  19. #818
    Lee Goodall's Avatar
    ..got my head together!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Soupie69uk View Post
    I might try one of these 710N dv's. Have a duel/split one on just now but closed it in nov to just recirculate.
    If yours works ok as it is then I'd keep it and save yourself some money.

    Over the space of about 5 years I must've had 4 or 5 diverters and dump valves and now I'm going back to an OEM design.. could've saved £££s

  20. #819
    "Stick a V8 in it!"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Glenrothes, Fife, Scotland
    Posts
    15,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Goodall View Post
    I'm not using the stock TIP though so it's no easier than using the T from the cold side that's already in place.
    Would look far tidier though, a nice small neat hose tucked away out of sight, rather than a dirty great pipe running across the bay.

    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build


  21. #820
    Lee Goodall's Avatar
    ..got my head together!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    Would look far tidier though, a nice small neat hose tucked away out of sight, rather than a dirty great pipe running across the bay.
    I suppose you're right; I'll see how much room I've got to play with.

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO