2.5 tdi issues!

btmotorsport

Soon be christmas!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
I was hoping some one could help me with a bit of a problem? A friend has an s reg 2.5TDi A4 estate thats he's been
having a few problems with. The car will sometimes not restart when warm, takes a couple of trys then it starts fine.
The car also suffers from a rather noisy wastegate/dumpvalve, can be heard when you back off the throttle (almost
sounds like a rattle and a lot louder than normal). Sometimes when acclerating in 2nd or 3rd the car will just stop pulling at about 3k rpm and not rev any higher,
this can be overcome by either changing or backing off and coming back on the throttle. The car will sometimes just
pull away after a slight pause, almost like a good old turbo with plenty of lag, nothing happpens then bang off you go!
He had the car in local garage and they diagnosed a blocked cat causing a bad reading from the intake pressure
manifold, they tried a new sensor but that didnt get rid of the fault code so they left the old one in. After this the car ran
fine for about two weeks, its now started playing up again. Just plugged it into my laptop and i got the follwing codes:

Intake pressure, Regulating limit exceeded/spodaric fault 00575

These other ones seemed like old codes, they were not displayed in the normal way which leads me to belive they are not
current problems. Not sure really!!!

16645 Injector cylinder 1 -n30 short to earth
13568 Flame cut off in start phase
17646 Injector cylinder 2 n31 open circuit

As i said i found these codes outside of the normal eobd menus so arent to sure about em.

Anyone got any suggestions? I'm wondering if the turbo's funked, i know these engines arent the best in the world!!

Cheers
smiley.gif

modify_inline.gif

The only problems i have seen about these engines is failiure of the injector pumps causing all sorts of starting and performance issues

mine had acceleration hessitation/blow off sound, found loose hose at throttle body, looked like jubilee clip was tight but it wasnt

Going to try and have a proper look this weekend. I'm kinda thinking pump and turbo but i hope not for my mates sake! Anyone got any rough ideas of prices for the 2? I know they aint cheap!

That's not to bad i suppose. I spoke to a couple of rac audi dedicated tech's today and they reakon it's the turbo as well!