AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

This is very strange.......

I have a 99 A4 1.8T Quattro Sport and have had handling issues for ages. It has had the twitchiest steering i have ever known on a car and in some cases was irritating to drive. I have twice taken it to Walton Audi who were very helpful but on both occasions could not find what the problem was, i also took it to an independent technician and he could find nothing wrong.

Heres the wierd bit....

On sunday night i left a mates house to head home, i switched the engine on and flicked the headlights on, no problem apart from the DIS showed that a headlight bulb had blown. I was a bit miffed as i had stuck PIAA Xtreme White bulbs in a year ago to try and improve the standard dim looking bulbs. (i didnt change the bulb there and then as it was [censored] with rain) anyway i got home and parked the car in the drive. The next time i drove it was last night to grab some milk from Tesco, so before the journey i shoved the standard bulbs back in on both sides....... Then when i drive off and down the road, i find that my car drives absolutely faultlessly!!!!! - i even went for a ten mile creep and it felt like a different car...... i cant think of a reason that would link the headlights to the suspension - does anyone have any ideas??

Cheers,
    Confused Bloke [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

Re: This is very strange.......

Best I can suggest is it most have something to do with the power draw of your old lights, other than that I'm as miffed as you or you knocked something in the engine bay when you installed the old lights.

Neutral

Status

The ultimate answer - the force of the 4-Rings works in mysterious ways [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

The tail of your bulbs is truely 'spooky'!!!

2nd Gear

Status

Change them for beeeeeeeeeeeeemer bulbs. That way you will appreciate the 4 rings! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]