short shifter help

Tuffty

Reaction score
I've just aquired a shortshifter for my S4 but it didn't come with any fitting instructions.
I know most of these kits are basicly the same, so i'm wondering if anyone out there has a copy of their instructions they could email me?

I'm quite interested in getting one of these, i find the throw really long on the S4 gearchange as opposed to my B5 1.8T.

Do they make much of a difference???

not sure about s4, but have a B&M one on my a4 and wow, it made a lot of difference, mine is adustable for throw reduction, i have on shortist, which is great until i jump in my astra daily driver and then go back to the audi, takes a while to get used to it again.

well recommend though. not sure i'd spend loads to get the B&M one next time, i think i'd look at some of the cheaper options first.

I am looking for one for my 6 speed now as the one i had with my 1.8t is a b&m copy but i threw away the "spare" bits so it wont fit.

I notice the ones on Ebay are listed to fit the later Passats ( where my bearbox and linkage came from) so i may jump with one of those.
Anyone want a cheap drop in for a 5 speed 1.8t i have one

I bought an "ebay special" short shift kit, did really reduce the throw, however after about a year I started to struggle getting the push down reverse to the point where I couldn't get reverse anymore, so went back to standard, guess summit wore out.

I'm quite interested in getting one of these, i find the throw really long on the S4 gearchange as opposed to my B5 1.8T.

Do they make much of a difference???

The one I have (B&M) not only provides shorter throws but it also gives a more solid feel during gear shifts with it being all aluminium.

Definitely one of my best mods.

Got mine in and working today, not a too bad job, just a pain as I had to remove the centre console.
Looking at the original setup tho, theirs no reason why you couldn't just re-drill the original a little further down the shaft and make a short shift for free.
Kinda glad I didn't pay much for the kit. lol

There is a "how to" on audiworld for a re drilled one. Its just you do not get the revised bushes etc you do with the Kit.

I took mine off wanting to re drill it, but found VW actually use a bearing in the six speed one, grrr.

this is true, the new bushes have made it much tighter i have to admit.