ecu wont except remap ?

bristol s4

Reaction score
anyone else had problems remapping s4, just took it 2 forge motorsport and laptop could get no response from ecu so was unable to remap it, anybody know why this might be as they have never come across it before ? cheers, justin

bet you it's a NDW model with the read only ecu, on those you neeed to completly replace theh ecu with a freshly burned one

I've got an October 98 S4, so one of the first ones made. MRC mapped mine without having to replace the ECU.

On the earlier ones its a replacement chip job on the ECU, the DBW models with the later ME7 ecu can be flashed

cheers guys 4 the response and info, is it worth me trying somewhere else or do i need new ecu ? s4 is a 98 if that makes any difference ?

thanks byzan a4 for that, so if thats the case whos the people 2 speak 2 about new chip ? and how much should i be looking at paying for this pleasure ? regards ,justin

You do not need to replace the chip in an S4!!!

All S4's are DBW, and all can be mapped via the OBDII port.

thanks mate , where will i find them on forum as im desperate 4 a couple of new horses 2 play with ?

dont mean 2 sound thick although bristolian accent would suggest otherwise:tocktock: but what is obdII ? im quite new 2 this modding malarky !

You do not need to replace the chip in an S4!!!

All S4's are DBW, and all can be mapped via the OBDII port.

98 S4 will need the chip replaced or at least done on the bench in boot mode. Not possible to do over OBD. This is true for most VAg ECU's upto September 1999. There are of course some exceptions to the rule.

Thanks.

98 S4 will need the chip replaced or at least done on the bench in boot mode. Not possible to do over OBD. This is true for most VAg ECU's upto September 1999. There are of course some exceptions to the rule.

Thanks.

My ECU was removed from the car the first time to 'unlock' it, but i've since had 3 remaps done via the OBD.