Sports Dash

Markey

Reaction score
I got one after seeking advice from here, and tried to fit it today and the plugs on the back are completely different.

My dash has longer plugs than the sport one. Is that just a no go now can i not change them which people on here led me to believe ?

:)

All depends on the year of car, and replacement dash.

My car is a 1997 and the dash was from a 1995 car which i thought would make them compatable as there both pre-facelift.

They are also different colours.

What plugs do you have on yours?

On my '96, I believe my plugs are blue and yellow (long) and the data feed, black plug (short).

Were you trying to get the oil temp and voltmeter? Has your car got DIS?

No it does not have DIS and i want to have it. I only also have two plugs both long can't remember what colours, the dash i got i think only had two as well.

The colours did not match between the current one and the new one. :(

There was a split between the plugs in '97. I believe yours is the one from September '97 - August '99.

They are different.

crap pants, so can i not fit a sports dash now as those dates mean that the imobiliser is in the dash doesn't it ?

The '95 car won't have IMMO 2 in the dash, but yours MIGHT.

So what dash would i need to get, year ? And how would i get it to work if it ad Immo 2.

You'd need a '95 - '96 dash.

On the coding of IMMO 2, I'll have to look into that.

But the dash i got was N reg and its different or do is it a pre 1995 one i have.

Thanks for your help

that Immo 2 is a pain. Basicly you need the SKC code that came with the car you got the dash from originally to allow you to swap out the dashes. Itherwise it can be done by plugging your car in at Audi while they bend you over and rape you of much cash. Aparently it can only be done live so they cant just "look" the code up

I dont recon my audi dealer would do that for me they dont seem to like helping the retro-fit crew. Could me local VW dealer help they are much better at things like that.

Siena you said your dash has the long plugs same as mine, so can i not get one of the sports dashes similar to that you have and it just work ?? As you did not need all the immo 2 stuff.

Any ideas.

Siena as you said yours are the long type plugs and you have two of the dashes do you want to sell one? Or maybe we can meet and fit one just to see if its worth me persueing this or if its going to be more hassel than its worth.

:)

Whats this sports dash???

Is it the one with the white dials? If yous is no good i may be interested in buying it off you if you want to sell it?

Andy, it's not that kind of sports dash.

It's the dash with DIS, and extra instrumentation.

@ Markey, if you fancy a drive down, I'll see what I can do to get the cluster working in your car.

Ahh ****** thought that was a quick way of me getting some of those lovely cream/white dials in the later quattro TS.

Is there any other way of getting nicer dials in my 96 car?

Andy, the dash in the later 1.8tqs will NOT work in your car.

Possibly can you pm me a location so i can google map it and see how easy it is for me to get there :)

Thanks for your help

I have just found this one and here is a pic of the reverse, it is from a 98/99 car and i have circled what looks like a black connection which i dont have behind my clocks to connect to?
I know it will need re-coding as well but im haveing trouble finding a 1997 one thanks any advice :)

audi-clocks.JPG

are you expecting extra dials and dis to work when you plug new clocks in, audi's dont seem to work like that, probably what the extra plug is for, had a bmw tourer before my avant everything was plug an play in that

it does work some have said on here im just trying to get some more clarity before i can get the right one.

ive got the slightly earlier facelift ones with analogue clock and back looks exactly the same as the ones from your other pic,(another ebay item ive been outbid on?) went to scrappy yesterday and found some from a 98 and these went straight in to my 99.5 and work perfectly (car wont start obviously) dis screen perfect and new clocks have 67k on them
replacing mine as i knackered dis screen, plus not keen on white dials they look cheap/clutered imo, i like the way warning lights only show when lit on grey ones
would say neither of these will work in your car, i would try local scrappy's for correct year, got my clocks and load of other bits for £25

Problem is because i dont have DIS in my car im not sure i have the correct plugs to enable the clocks with DIS in them.

i found something prewired in mine , ive got harness + plug behind glovebox guessing its for retro fit airbag switch?,
any decent auto locksmith can read skc code, with my quattro being stolen recovered i was a bit paranoid about missing key, so got ebay one and local company to code in making missing key useless(cool diagnostics, staffs+cheshire area, highly recommended) and also gave me my skc code, so if i lose another i can do it myself with vag-com, cost £35 including a new little immobiliser thingy for fob
audi arent allowed to use hand held readers? they have to plug it in to computer and connect it to another in germany or something silly, and i dont think they actually find out skc code at the dealer
tempted to get my dad to try soldering to make one good cluster and sell white dial faces, as id be adding 15k to mileage otherwise

whats the differnce in dashs?? mine a turbo sport so is mine the sport dash??

not really such a thing as sports dash, markey was trying to retro fit cluster with dis. there are basic 4 dial clusters, 6 dial clusters and 6 dial with lcd dis display

Ok so where would that plug into? I would still like to get a dash with DIS fitted into my A4.

it appears to be a mini din plug for stereo?, but on website they have what apears to be a full loom for a passat dis conversion possibly do something similiar for a4's, get in touch with them and see what they can do,
www.kufatec.de, let me know if they are helpfull as im after a rear leccy window converstion harness and heated seat loom in the future

how do you get those real sexy white lit dials withe the white speed and then red light for the red line section. so much better than plain red????????