Some new bits

Randomjim

Reaction score
Treated my car to some new parts as i have an MOT coming up.

Black diamond drilled discs and predator pads (shame they're so diddy)

DSC00205.jpg

Ikon stainless steel sports cat ( no pic but....)

[ytv]EH7NK0z6r7U[/ytv]

And also a personalised number plate which i'm waiting for the new v5 and tax disc untill i can put it on.

Sports cat makes the exhaust sound even better and the car is a lot more responsive. As for the brakes i will have to let you know.

Some tasteful parts added, loving the discs. Always think drilled disc's mean business.
Good work bud.

HOW BIGGER DIFFERNECE DID THEY MAKE?? IM ABOUT TO BUY THE SAME STUFF APRT FROM GETTING BLACK DIAMOND PAD??? WAS IT A FIRMER GRIP?? PELASE INDULGE INFO........................... :laugh:

sounds better than my jetex then again everything does me want louder

Just drove it back from the garage so i don't know yet. But i'll give them a good test when they're bedded in.

Nice where did you get the cat from and what year is yours ? Could you not have snuck through with a de-cat ?

I had a de-cat on it but it sounded crap. Venom motorsport have started doing these cats they cover pretty much every car you could think of. Not cheap but i don't plan on changing it and they come with a 3 year unlimited mileage warrenty.

Would of thought the little video would of given away the age of the car :moa:

Did not watch it not enought bandwidth on my current connection :(

Are they cheaper thank milltek ?

I need a cat, MOT looming.
I cant hear anything, is it my PC or is there just a white square there?

Edit : Was my pc, sounds good for a 1.8 NA that

Well done with the mods mate, glad to see you're spending money on the girl again rather than selling her!

Yea i decided to keep it for a little while longer, finish it off. Got a few more things i wanna do yet.

Oh i also put on a set of pirelli p rosso's. So far they're good but not as grippy as my old potenzas.

I've just managed to pick up some S4 brakes. Discs, Pads and calipers for £150 fitted! I'm gonna clean em up and paint them before fitting. It'll be like a different car by the time Audimeets comes around!

I've just managed to pick up some S4 brakes. Discs, Pads and calipers for £150 fitted! I'm gonna clean em up and paint them before fitting. It'll be like a different car by the time Audimeets comes around!

you do know S4 brakes will not bolt onto an A4 don't you?

Treated my car to some new parts as i have an MOT coming up.

Ikon stainless steel sports cat ( no pic but....)

[ytv]EH7NK0z6r7U[/ytv]

And also a personalised number plate which i'm waiting for the new v5 and tax disc untill i can put it on.

Sports cat makes the exhaust sound even better and the car is a lot more responsive. As for the brakes i will have to let you know.

Your car sound sweet, god dam I need a exhaust.

Well if you use S4 hubs, you need S4 flanges, and driveshafts as they are 82mm instead of 75mm on the bearings

Strange that as I know when people do the 2.8 gear box change they dont need to change the drive shafts.

I know the 1.8T FWD have a smaller drive shaft flang than the 1.8Tq's so may be this is the grey area.

Ok, now i'm confused. I've got a 98 2.8q and the S4 the brakes came off are a 99 plate.
Ive checked the part numbers of my hubs and bearings and the driveshafts and they are the same part numbers for the 99 plate S4 donor car.
So are you still saying they wont fit?

The V6 hub flanges and shafts are the same as the S4, its the suspension hub carrier thats different, the part the calipers will bolt to

Checked that too...and thats the same. The bit that links the hub to the top arms?

V6 carriers 8d0 407 257 am and 8d0 407 258 am, and S4 ones are 4b3 407 257 a and 4b3 407 258 a, the difference is in the caliper mounts

Also lists the 8D0 407 257AM/ 258AM for S4. Illustration 407-11, item 12 of Etka

i wish you all the best then, as you will be the first to have direct bolt on S4 brakes on anything except an S4. Good luck :thumbsup:

As i always thought the 2.7 tt was the AGB engine

Thanks...fingers crossed eh. Anyway, sorry Jim...I seem to have stolen your thread. You can have it back now...lol

Right the brakes have bedded in now and are a big improvement. The brakes feel much sharper and more powerful. They came in handy this morning when a woman in a z4 decided to changes lanes in front of me without looking.

Also now the brakes are bedded in they have shined up.....

DSC00205-1.jpg

I need to paint the calipers now but i can't decide between black or silver.... any thoughts?

Been messing about with my old induction kit at the weekend. It came with this plastic top hat adaptor
DSC00214.jpg

which as you can see got hot and melted. So i spoke to my mate who's a steel fabricator and he made me this chunky bad boy
(as i got it)
DSC00208.jpg

(after a quick polish up)
DSC00209.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

I know induction kits are pretty much pointless but i love the sound it makes so i had to get it back on. Once i've got it how i want it in the engine bay i'll do a pic of that too.