boost gauge....

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
ok.. mine just arrived today.. this is where i want it.. just wondering.. how im going to run the hose to it???

any ideas???

i also orderd a manual boost valve.. (bleed valve) but lots are telling me not to fit it??? any 1 run these??

awww look at my little neglected gti in front!! hahaha!!
01042006198.jpg

One of the guys here fitted an MBC a while back and turned his turbo bright red due to running lean. Not good, unless you like to barbeque!

As for the boost gauge, you may be able to thread the hose through a drilled hole in the A-pillar. Just make sure you don't have an airbag in there!!!

Once under the dash, you'll want to route it through the ECU housing. Cut a small hole in the rubber part which all of the other cables run through into the engine bay, then reseal it with silicon if you can.

I would use the ECU box to get into the car and under the dash, there should be enough space to slide the tube alongside the a pillar trim between the dash to the back of that guage

One of the guys here fitted an MBC a while back and turned his turbo bright red due to running lean.

when saying bright red do you mean it was glowing in the dark?? popped my bonnet after a 20 min hack....i mean drive to my mates the other night and mine was a nice glowing orange. thought it was normal. this is with out a MBC. :ohmy:

im running a forge DV and a 8" cone air filter. appart from that its standerd

it was me mate that had a glowing turbo after fitting the mbc. it kept causing my car to hit limp mode. i would NOT advise these. my turbo and exhaust manifold went orange!!! and you could hear the whole engine cooling it was scorching hot!!! also what i found was even after the mbc removed it still glowed slighly and found it was the oil pum feed that was knackered completly blocked.........so result of that was no oil pressure and liitle oil getting round car. im surpreised i didnt blow my engine up. afetr new oil pump etc no orange glow!!!!!!!! only a tiny bit after a good trashing. get a remap much better thats what i did and it great. remb mate you cnat increase psi in turbo without any thing else altered to compensate. a remap alters the brain so everything works with each other. :arco:

plus to be onest when i got it to stop hitting limp mode there was a tiny difference in power then when i increases again i got a HUGE amount of psi and power then THUD as the car nearly ripped it self to bits!!!!!!!!!!!

Bleed valves are a bit of a moody old school way of fooling turboed cars, alright on R5 GTs and RS Turbos etc, but more modern cars have way too many sensors to keep things safe, a lot harder to fool, which is a good thing, how many Audis do you see melted? And how many Renault 5 turbos melted back in the good old days?!!