MAF & INJECTORS?

In the region of 230/ 240 any more than that maxes the injectors out. The MAF maxes out slightly higher but is generally tuned around as it DBC max is about 190g/s and i am sure its over 200 g/s for DBC

yer afaik the k04 upgrades taking it to 230-250hp generally require TT225 injectors

Theres differences between even the 150hp injectors though, some are bigger than others.

The TT injectors will only fit DBW cars and not the AEB engine. We are also lucky as we have a 4 bar FPR and some of the later 1.8ts have a 3 bar. I also understand that the US had 3 bar in thier 1.8ts too hence the need for injector swaps and the like on US tunes

Been talking to Sean at scrollproducts and he's going to sort out an SP51 turbo for me which I'll hopefully be ordering over the weekend.

Aiming for about 220 bhp so I'll stick with my injectors and maf for now.

Cheers.

The Sp1 or the X?

I am waiting for some parts to show up for mine, he has had it since i blew it up,lol

It's a regenerated K03-005 with SP51 internals. They can also do an SP51R but it's from a K03-029 and would need the manifold to match.. he did say they have actually got a manifold in that I could have but I'm not really after that much power at the moment.

The SP51 should be good for well over 220bhp so will be perfect.

You will still need it mapped for that much of a gain. I am waiting for mine to re-man as at least an SP1r or X i am waiting for the parts to arrive with Sean after i FUBAR'd mine with a jubilee clip, 2 days before getting it mapped,so had to buy K04-15 Instead.I sent the damaged one to SP and am currently waiting for her to be fixed.When she is done, i may sell on the K04

Yeah sorry it's an SP51R.. decided to go for a new unit instead now.
Just waiting for the total cost including delivery etc. Then just got to wait for it to arrive :) apparently the new units are available now.

Yeah been talking to a few people about maps/chips so as soon as the turbo's on I'll get it sorted.

Might go for FMIC too.

before you go too mad on mapping, been talking to Andy.B about Emerald replacement ecu's, when you factor in the cost of mapping vs an Emerald, mapping and the flexibility and the fact you can dump the MAF, i think for the bigger turbo lot it may add up.

it is certainly a path i'm looking to go down.

or

i have a lumentition 460 standalone if anyone wants it for £100! you'll need to change the loom a bit that i have with it.

Emerald or MBE are good.

Only one issue - AFAIK they don't employ knock sensors, which I'd prefer in a big-power engine. Or shall I say, they didn't last time I used them.

One thing's for sure - if your car has DIS, you'll lose the functions. All you'll be left with is driving time and average speed. Not very important, but I do not like things in my car that were standard, if they don't work.

i'm surprised about the knock sensor as my old lumentition has the ability. i was told that all dash functionality was possible, i was a bit surprised by that to be honest. but for the flexability in mapping and stuff i think i can loose the DIS.

Have checked - most now have knock capability.

But, as for the DIS function, all suppliers of MBE, Emerald, Lumenition, DTA, 034 EFI, Motec etc have all categorically said the DIS function is NOT possible.

What sort of price region would the replacement ECU be? Not something I've looked into before.

New turbo is all paid for so should be with me soonish.

Not sure about some others, as I currently only fit MBE.

MBE 992 is between £600 - £1,175, depending upon config.

Hmmmm.. might be an option then. I need to make a decision either phase 2 remap/chip or ECU obviously the ECU will be more versatile but more costly too.

have a look at Emerald, a lot of people fitting the 1.8T in to other cars seem to be using them. i haven't priced one up yet, but dave walker who i think owns Emerald is a mapping/engine guru/god.

So what injectors can people get who have nDBW since the TT ones can not work with K04?

The TT maf still work?

I will one day get mine remapped but would want new injectors and maf first I think.

I'm looking to go down the Emerald path, and ditch the MAF, if your fitting a relly big turbo it allows more space for the induction side of things.

Price wise been quoted around a grand for purchase, fitting and mapping, the new emerald has the three map switching functionallity, good if your missus uses the car, try Five-o motorsports in the US for injectors very very good deals especially with the current exchange rate

also on a really big turbo the maf's don't tend to work well.