s4 - rs4

edward_harris

s3 gone now a shiney red evo 6
Reaction score
hey guys, what would you have to change body wise to get the s4 looking like a rs4 like this pic?
RS4sedan1101.jpg

im guessing front bumper, wings maybe? anything else?
Just want an idea of what im getting myself in for if i do get one!

Yeah front bumper, skirts allround (although think that one already has the RS4 skirts fitted), wing mirrors, front grille and roof rack bars. Other than that, jobs a goodun i think. From what i hear its not as hard as you may think and the results, well...awesome.

And RS4 arches and rear doors.

Have you managed to miss Siena's monster thread completely???

i did have a brief read through!! Where would you get rear doors from?!! And how do the arches fit? isnt it a whole wing?

theres a few bits you need,2x rear doors,2x rear quarter panels,side skirts,wings,bumper,grilles,fuel flap,lots of other bits like inner arch liners etc...i have the lot bar one rear quarter and petrol flap

Because not everyone wants an Avant, which is the only body style the B5 RS4 was available in.

how much do you think you have spent doing all your body work?? what i dont get is how the rear rs4 arches fit the s4 as its not a advant?

Parts I used for mine:

2 x RS4 rear doors
2 x RS4 rear quarters
2 x RS4 front wings
2 x facelift front doors (need trim holes welded up)
2 x RS4 side skirts
2 x RS4 front arch liners
2 x RS4 rear arch liners
2 x RS4 rear inner arches (steel)
2 x RS4 front foglamps
RS4 front bumper
RS4 front grille
RS4 cast aluminium mirrors*
RS4 fuel filler flap
RS4 front bumper grilles
RS4 front bumper brackets
Euro S4 rear bumper*
RS4 HID headlamps
RS4 side repeaters
A4 2000-spec bootlid*
RS4 front panel

* These you can do without, depends on how far you're willing to go.

@ Edward: I bought all my parts new from Ipswich Audi. All came to just under £7,000, haven't got the exact figure. Got all my invoices though.

Add to the above list, wheels in the right size and offset to fill the arches.

Ouch! No wonder they're hard to get cheap! But as for the amount of work the rear quarters would be the big headache, the rest'll just bolt on, doors, front end etc, I'd assume anyways! But it's never that simple is it!

I'll have to buy my next car in secret then! Although I blame you for me gettin an S4. Cheers mate!

Id prob have to agree with Siena my bill and reciepts add up to £5000 and i dont even have the genuine rear arches and inner arches for the front, mirrors and the modded boot.

umm all looking very costly!! so how much would we be talking to buy a mint s4, get it to 450bhp, change all the brake set up suspension etc, then make it in to a rs4 look alike?

Then you have mine with parts and painting (lot's of work done by me)= £4000 all in may be less.

How did I do that....................... I bout a RS4 shell.:eyebrows:

Try vagparts.com, got my RS4 grill from them, sure they could get you the mirrors too, but they're not cheap being aluminium and not plastic, part numbers on there too. Or keep a beady eye on ebay, english and german, they both come up fairly regularly.

The RS4 mirrors fit pre AND post-facelift cars.

Part numbers from my receipts...

RS4 Aluminium Matt mirrors:

R - 8D2 858 500 D
L - 8D2 858 499 D

RS4 grille:

8D0 853 651 T

Easily ask blue thunder how much his has cost and you'll notice it isn't even the amount of BHP you want!
best bet is phone MRC see how much they want to do the upgrades!

Best if you don't. It makes me cry thinking about it.

One of the many downsides of not knowing a spanner from a hammer. :uhm:

docurley where did you get your rs4 shell from? Also still dont know how the rear 1/4 work as the rs4 ones are advat? Really 20k? i no where i can get a bumper for £100 but thats i so far!! Where else could you get the parts from aprat from buying new?

docurley where did you get your rs4 shell from? Also still dont know how the rear 1/4 work as the rs4 ones are advat? Really 20k? i no where i can get a bumper for £100 but thats i so far!! Where else could you get the parts from aprat from buying new?

Doc's RS4 shell was a German-spec RS4, that had been written off in Germany, brought into the UK and repaired.

It was denied registration in the UK, and had to be broken. Doc bought the complete car, less the interior, transmission and engine.

The Avant rear quarter panels have to be extensively cut and reworked to get them to fit the sedan, not a DIY job - I saw mine in the bodyshop during some of the surgery, and was glad I wasn't doing the work.

Best bet is to keep trawling www.ebay.de and be prepared to either pay exhorbitant shipping costs, or be prepared to hire a van, and drive across France, and into Germany, to collect.

That's been for sale since last October. I contacted the seller before I decided to go brand new.

His price is the same as buying new, and he wanted crazy money for shipping.

Thought they'd been on there for a while!