Coilovers?

Lee Goodall

Reaction score
Thinking about keeping the 16" Audi wheels and going low enough to close the gap nicely between the tyre and the arch.

Anybody recommend suitable coilovers?

FK's thats what I'm using I'm running 19"s
100_0503.jpg

Jamex if on a budget, I am happy with mine so far.
just wax oil them when fitted as they all seem to corrode quite quickly (or in my case get caked in road salt)

I'd be wary of going too low. My mate had a red A4 1.8T that's still on this forum somewhere and that was slammed on 19" bbs ch's on coilovers and it handled like a bag of ****.

I had to raise mine off the floor, on the motorway or an A road it was amazing but the minute I got onto a B road it was like wrestling a bear, very very scary

I'm keeping smaller diameter wheels (16") so how much lower than standard would be ok?

I've been in really low VWs with smaller wheels that handled really well?!

I have FK silverlines on mine with the standard 17s.

I think you will need spacers if you drop it a decent amount as the wheels sit far in the arches and look crap.

FK highsports on mine, ride is good, handling is better, would recommend em. Try europerformance.co.uk, decent prices on ther I found, plenty of options too.

got weitecs on mine, they're ok, wasn't expecting H&R quality for half the price. mine are adjustable platforms on the back not true coilovers, on my 16's they are quite slammed and handle well.

on the 19's they look good but handle bad. think a lot of it is down to my high unsprung weight due to my wheels being heavy.

Cheers for the input..

I'll have a look at a few suppliers then.

Definitely going to get some wheel spacers and stick with the 16s.