Suspension arms

Biglockie

Aye you know it makes sense
Reaction score
The time has come as my passenger side tyre has the inside scrubbed of it, new arms all round, also in prep of this years engine work, any ideas where to get these at a decent price?? gonna replace all the arms, I know one of the ball joints is knocking so i wanna replace all the arms at once or as near as i can, is it easier to buy the arms from Ebay then replace all the bushes with Poly units??

:uhm:

Cheers Craig I'll check out german ebay tonight fella.

unless the arms are damaged or bent why repolace thgem if you are fitting new bushes?
only reason they get replaced normally is due to the bushes coming fitted as standard from audi

I think mine are maybe starting to go, when pulling away I can hear a slight creak, not 100% sure its that though.

Do most people just replace the arms because the bushes have gone?

jcb - the ball joints wear out, and whole lot needs replacing.

i got mine off german ebay, but i would recommend re-using the audi bolts or at least buying new genuine ones, cus ive had 2 washers split, even thought they where done to correct torque

The cars has just covered over 115,000 miles and with the new turbo and engine work Ed not sure the ball joints would cope with it, so lookin gto replace everything, looked at the kit for just over a £100, get them replace the bushes with a set of polys from DPM

yeah, forgot about integral ball joints!

The cars has just covered over 115,000 miles and with the new turbo and engine work Ed not sure the ball joints would cope with it, so lookin gto replace everything, looked at the kit for just over a £100, get them replace the bushes with a set of polys from DPM

How much are the pollys as the kit i bought has got all higher spec bits so no need for that and the ball joints are much better than oem.