Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    Oil Burner...

Status

Forge Divertor Valve / autobahn88 hoses

Well my Forge 007 DV and Autobahn 88 turbo / intercooler hoses have arrived but having spent the last hour looking up and down audisport net im confused? My car is a A4 1.8t quattro (AJL engine)
    Theres some mention of moving the DV to the other side of the engine and cutting into hoses, is it really necessary or can i just replace the original dv and leave it be and just change the hoses over?
    The car has just been remapped by chip n spin no other engine mods except for pipercross panel filter. Anyone got any suggestions as to the right way to do this. Also has anyone got any photos of the finished article to work off? thanks.........

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I think they are referring to fitting an external dump (to atmosphere) DV rather than a re-circulating to dump valve
    as they are fitted on the other side of the engine bay and the original is blanked off

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

..got my head together!

Status
    Yeah.. when you fit an atmospheric 'Dump Valve' it's generally moved to the opposite side of the engine and fitted between the intercooler and the throttle body.

The Forge DV valve is a direct replacement for the plastic original.. it fits in the same position and requires no hose cutting etc to fit.

5th Gear

Status
    Be warned, fitting the hoses is a REALLY fidgety job, I have lost loads of skin from my knuckles.
    I did mine on saturday

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

Oil Burner...

Status
    Cheers Guys, appreciate the advice i'll let you know how I get on.

Status
    Pop the drivers side headlight out it will give you a little more working space.

And I hope you bought clips as yo will need them.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)