Door open/close sensor?

SmoothAssault

Will design for mods
Reaction score
Website
www.matteasom.com
Recently I noticed that the footwell light and the red light that's visible when the passenger door is open have both stopped working. They may have been broken the whole time I've had the car and just never noticed.

Little things like this annoy the hell out of me so does anyone have any ideas of what it could be? Faulty door open/close sensor? (if such a thing exists?) or some kind of button that is depressed when the door is open (like in your fridge?).

I checked the bulb in the footwell and it's fine, it's just not getting its 12Vs, it's got me stumped. I've got a horrible feeling it may have something to do with the water in footwells disaster that I fixed several months ago. Could the water have broken something?

Thanks guys.

I thought the B5 front door contact switches were built into the door catch mechanism?

I haven't got any front door contact switches for my front doors on the B-pillars.

Mine does the same thing on the drivers door. Seems to be ever since the door card came off, if I have the door card hanging off and move it around I can get the lights to come on, but it's tempremental and when I screw it all back together they don't work again. So seems like a broken wire/faulty connection somewhere, but can I find it? Not a chance, so would be interested to see if anyone comes up with anything, I gave up, can't locate where the door open/close sensor is either.

The connector is a 4-pin plug, on the door catch mechanism.

Very fine pins too...

Any chance of some photos of the missing part/where it's supposed to be? I'm having trouble following the those threads without any pictures to help me.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Page 2 of the RS246 thread explains all (with a pic). Bascially a relay panel further up behind the relay panel you will easilly find if you remove the drivers side under dash panel. You really need to get your head up there to see the second board.