opinions please....

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
ok.... im a newbe to the vag 20v turbo lump... altho i have owned turbos b4 never 1 quite as complex as these. had the car vagcom`ed this eve and only got a couple of minor faults so im a happy bunny. My m8 gave me a Forge dump valve and i was wondering how much of a difference it will make to the responce on my car. Is there any way i can get my car to either flutter or tiisshh at me when i change gear as i have been told unless i spend in the reagion of £130 for a splitter valve i wont be able to get any noise as i have a silent divert DV.

am i very wrong or what?? lol some call it chavvy but i just want a noise when i change gear!! lol

much help appreciated :salute:

I've got a Forge 007 in my A4 and run it the other way round to how Audi had it and with a standard panel with a drilled airbox it's audible. Not OTT but there. You can't make these cars chatter or flutter as they run a MAF sensor and it doesn't know which way air is being passed over it. The K03 turbo also isn't that sturdy a unit so may not take kindly to the treatment. Dumping to atmosphere also can cause fueling problems although quite a few people run them.

One of my weekend toys chatters its tits off and to be honest if I had that everyday it would stop being nice and soon get annoying

ok cool... wondering if any 1 on here is running a noisy dumper on a 1.8 st with out any probs?
#i will fit my quiet 1 as im sure it will be better than the standerd 1! :laugh:

Soupie on here has one that dumps to atmos and back internally so he has the best of both worlds.

when i took the recirc off mine and just dumped to atmosphere, and blocked off the intake pipe my fuel economy went to about 15mpg, so what are you guys that vent to air getting? min also stalled and ran like a bag'o'*****.

any benefits from turning the dump valve around the other way?

Sorry, i thought this post said 'Onions please'.

I had the forge splitter and have sold it on to a fellow Audi Sport Member, it does make a good noise and its more frequent than just changing gear. It dumps when you let go of the throttle as well as gear changes, so if your crawling in traffic it can become an annoyance. Tbh I wanted the sound and then got fed up of it not long after coz I thought it was too chav lol.

Also as a note, if set wrong you can have fuelling problems with it dumping to atmosphere like macca suggested. So basically follow the guidelines very carefully on the forge website and you need to get rid of the rattle thats for sure, coz thats when it is over fuelling.

I have a Bailey twin piston type with re-circ and it works fine no fuelling issues as it will only be slightly rich for a moment when you dump and that will not cause any issues plus I have been running one for near on 2 years if that helps.

DSC00242.jpg

Autobahn88g.jpg