Volks AutosChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Hello...Miata owner lusting for S4

Hello,

Instead of modifying my miata...I've modified my wife...so now I'm looking for a sport sedan that gives me the same handling I've come to love in my miata (with more horsepower). I would love to purchase an S4...but that will have to wait a couple of years. In the meantime I'm looking for a '98-2000 A4 2.8 quattro that I can have fun in. If there's anything I should be wary of, I'd appreciate some info. I'm not expecting immaculate, but don't want to encounter horrific. Most private sales I've seen so far have 60,000+ miles...so anything I'm planning on purchasing will not have a warranty.

Thanks,
    AustinArch

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status

Re: Hello...Miata owner lusting for S4

Thanks for advice. I'm looking at a 99 1.8q avant with the sport package. Not chipped, with 80,000 miles.

Reverse Gear

Status

Re: Hello...Miata owner lusting for S4

He's looking to get blue book, so between $10800-11200. Not too bad for a car with lots of potential. Assuming all works out and I purchase the car...next thing to figure out is what to do first. I'm not looking to race the car, but I do want to upgrade it to make Hill Country driving fun. Perhaps a stage 1 upgrade will work fine...chip, filter, maybe even exhaust. Do you have any opinions on chips?

Thanks