SERIOUS UPGRADE QUESTION

AUDI TURBO

Reaction score
I might be getting some free cash sooooooooooooooooooo what i want to know is a KO4 turbo a direct bolt on upgrade and what else do i need for the uprade or does it use exsisiting pipes etc??? where is best place to buy a ko4?? and would i need a remap im thinking of gettin exhaust manifold too any suggestions on a good one and what sort of BHP would i get?? is it safe to use a exhaust manifold on my standard ko3 turbo? i

Hiya for the cost of a K04 and the power output on our engine in my eyes its not worth it.

you can run a K04 on your std manifold and your std cat/de-cat.

but i would go with a turbo from ATP called the Eliminator range go for the GT2871r then your looking at around 330-400 with that turbo. :)

k03k04_eliminators_home_e.jpg

heres some more details on the kits from ATP

eliminator3.jpg

Overall demand for eliminator GTRS and GT2X is overwhelming

Testing proves Eliminator GT2871R to be a viable option in the eliminator series, with properly Mika Tuned software, full boost is seen only 400 rpms later than eliminator RS.
GT2871R in eliminator mode is surprisingly streetable with excellent tip in (transient) boost response, especially with the tapered runner stock exhaust manifold.
350+HP levels via the eliminator 2871R is much more attainable without running the turbo out of it's efficiency range
As implemented on David Graas' B6 "WonderWagon" equipped with a high flowing stock location aftermarket exhaust manifold, boost response below 2500 rpm is slightly diminished due to straight runner design, but peak torque (when running 20+psi) occurs earlier and peak torque value is higher - side effect of reduced backpressure at the exhaust manifold.
The wonderwagon was also able to easily attain 300WHP on 23 psi with a standard timing advance curve and running a stock exhaust system after the 3"cat delete and stock intercooler and plumbing.
David has plans to install an FMIC and a free flowing exhaust system so stay tuned to this B6 if you're intrigued by the Eliminator GT2871R The 2871R option is available on the ordering page now for ~ $95 above the cost of the EliminatorGTRS kit. The installation process does not change with this option.

Mika Tuned Software Update
New revision of Mika Tuned Software for the DBW B6 (and some B5) incorporate the following improvements:
Eliminate Check Engine Light due to Cat Delete Pipe
Refined and re-optimized timing curve for even more power on pump gas
630cc injector programming is now supported for those opting for Eliminator 2871R. Gas Milage is still very good at 350 to 400 miles per tank!
Eliminate DTC due to low boost request error
Support for both MAF and MAFless operation for street/race scenarios

so would i need anything else or just new eliminator turbo??? and would need remap wouldnt i??

You would need injectors, decent recirc valve, prob FMIC to make it worth while, new boost hoses should come with fmic, new FPR, brakes maybe change pads and disks, de-cat/sports cat, with fill system, better suspension to stop car squat for getting power down better.

that too much for me mate. what power gain would i get from a ko4 turbo and would it need ANY other work doing to it for it to work?? or would my ecu just work with new turbo??

Guys steer clear of the Mika tune, the guys on the US forums have had serious issues with it, it has a tendency to run lean. Lean = bang. Tapp tuning is where its at, but they the wrong side of the pond really

Oh and US software is not geared up for Euro cars so custom remap would be needed.

Oh and you will need a clutch to cope with the extra power.

There is a sticky on the Ko4 upgrade up top of the forum.

I have got a spare ECU loaded with Chris Tapp's software (Tapp Auto in Canada) a 630cc file for a GT2871 (not eliminator) to drop in to my pre 01 1.8t.
Come to CA$850, about £400 when I bought it.

Chris Tapp has one of the best off the shelf tunes for non DBW 1.8t and is running a nutty A4 with a GT35 running 10s 1/4's

I haven't fitted it (or the engine and turbo for that matter!) but will let you know what it is like

SO would proberly break in time then??? Will it be that bad?? where can i get proper ones from??

i'd go k04-015 turbo, probably audi tt225 injectors, not sure what is required to fit, but i might know more soon. then you'll probably find that custome code or the like have a phase 2 semi custom map already written for this setup.

really you need to speak to custome code or whoever to find out if they have done a k04 map before on you model car, then work from there, as they'll be able to tell you what it was setup with.

uprated clutch will be needed for over 200bhp usually. with a k04 you should see about 240bhp.

HOPE IT ISNT ALL TOO EXPENSIVE THE REMAP WONT BE CHEAP!!!! AND MINE A EARLY CAR SO NEED A BLANK CHIP AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

get all the bits you need bit by bit then save up for the remap thats why im doing, i have done the engine, now im doing suspension and brakes then later on this year ill do the exhaust and body work, then maybe treat myself at xmas to a remap.

WOULD I FEEL ANY DIFFERENCE JUST WITH TURBO AND INJECTOR UPRGRADE???

No dont get the cheap one as it will only break and proably kill your cat, or the engine.

I have heard nothing but bad things about these fake turbo's and 2 weeks seems to come to mind before they go bang.

Get the real thing that way you know it's going to work or sourse a dead unit from the US and have SP51-X kit fitted to upgrade it to a K04-24 spec turbo (only better) which may produce 280bhp with the rest of the hardware and mapping needed to get it there.

right here we go:

dead turbo can knacker engine (valves, pistons, head the lot if it breaks bits off and goes down the intake.) so DO NOT go cheap turbo unless you don't mind an expensive rebuild after.

doing anything without the remap will damage engine again, as you will be under or over fueling.

when modding an engine, do not cut corners, it will end up most of the time costing you more, engine tuning has to be looked at as the whole package, bolting turbo on will let aload more air in, but you then need to look at fueling and ignition, also getting air in is half the story, you need to make sure you can breath and get the air/fuel back put of there. also have you got an insurance quote for running a car with these mods? can you get insured?

i don't mean to word this the wrong way, but you seem to have a fragile car and not too much knowledge at the moment.

i would search the forums and read up on everything. good place for advice is the american forums as they are much more confident in bolting big turbos on etc.

again, please don't take this in a bad way. just you need to know exactly what you are getting into, and the possible things that may go wrong. don't forget you are stressing the engine beyond its design.

also forums are a good place for advice. not all of it is accurate though, you have to decide what to believe is good advice and what isn't.

just don't want it to all end in tears :friends:

i do quite abit about cars jst bever modifed a turbo car different class this. dad a mechanic which helps just dont know whta turbos fit etc. and i think touch wood car ok now seems to be running greta with new oil pump and good oil etc. o

OK SO KO4-15 STRAIGHT SWAP FOR MY KO3 WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE THEN AFTER A WHILE GET A REMAP TO BOOST TO ABOUT 240 BHP SOUND LKIKE WAHT I WANT TO DO!!!!!!

Well not quite you will need injectors and and a 3" MAF to get her near to 240bhp and I would also advise on FMIC and clutch as the clutch wont last long with 240bhp under foot, and then a remap.

Hi
does any one know a good kit for my audi s3 225 I wanted a GT3071RWG or GT28RS (I think) need a equal length manifold, ported inlet manifold, 475cc Injectors( I think), 4 BAR Fuel Pump and Fuel Pressure Regulator, and any other bits you can fink of that mite help?
i want to run 350-400bhp

this is my 1st post btw
thanks

I'm sure someone here will help mate, but you may be best posting in the A3/S3 forum as well

:thrashi:
Hi
does any one know a good kit for my audi s3 225 I wanted a GT3071RWG or GT28RS (I think) need a equal length manifold, ported inlet manifold, 475cc Injectors( I think), 4 BAR Fuel Pump and Fuel Pressure Regulator, and any other bits you can fink of that mite help?
i want to run 350-400bhp

this is my 1st post btw
thanks

my clutch knackered any who so im getting uprated one very soon there nothing left in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!