What bumpers can i fit?

sherry

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

This is my first post so a big hello to all of you out there.

My question is that i have a 1996 A4 avant and it needs a new front and rear bumper, rear light, bonnet and front N/S wing & headlamp.

I was wondering if it is possible to fit newer parts as i have to buy them anyway to make it look a bit newer.

Many thanks.

Hello Sherry, and welcome aboard!

You can fit either facelift front and rear bumpers, and one-piece clear headlamps / indicators. Will freshen up the front a lot, along with a facelift grille.

Bear in mind, fitting the one-piece headlamps requires gringing back the lip in the indicator recess, not hard to do, and also cutting off the connector from a facelift breaker, then attaching it to your early one, easy, as after cutting off the plug, the colour codes are the same.

If you don't fancy the modifications, then you can fit the pre-facelift 2-piece headlamps. They are clear polycarbonate, so look very much like the later single-piece items, but the connectors don't need replacement, and the indicator recess doesn't need gringing back to allow the indicator to fit.

Only downside is, the 2-piece clear units are rare used, as were only used for just under a year, on the '98 model S4.

My car is a '96 A6 2.6 quattro Sport, and apart from the roof, not much of the original early car are left. PM me if you need to know more, or get prices.

Hi Siena

Thanks for the reply.

That's great news that i can fit a newer kit to the car.

Could i get an original front wing and replace the bonnet, bumpers and lights or will i have to change the wings as well?

Many Thanks.

The bonnet and wings on facelift cars are indeed different, but unless yours are damaged, I'd leave the originals in place, and simply replace the bumper, headlamps and grille.

Replacing wings and bonnet becomes pricy, as you'll then need to paint.

My bonnet and N/S wing has to be replaced as they are damaged m8

In that case, you might as well go for facelift items, will make the headlamp fitment (one-piece) a lot easier.

Note, you'll need facelift side repeaters to fit the new wings.

Nice one m8.

Would it be facelift items i will be asking for?

Would it be for the 2001 to 2004 model.... not sure if thats the correct years... lol

Yes, facelift items.

1999.5 - 2001.