Audi A4 1.8 T-Sport breaking for spares 72k everything available

Audimandan

A4 1.8T 1998 (S) 70K Silver, standard for now...
Reaction score
Some **** has side swiped my a4 saloon down the passenger doors and into the back wheel arch, driving away and leaving the scene without a second thought.

Because my insurance has an excess of £500 + I now have a recovery truck to run, Ive decided to break it for spares. the car is an excellent runner with no problems at all.

I will be putting an advert on ebay aswell, but I thought Id let you fellas know first.

I may part with the full car if someone shows me a grand. But I hope the full car should be worth more in bits, scrap is £138 per ton aswel at the moment ;)

get me on taylor10384@hotmail.co.uk if you want anything.

Cheers

Im not sure if its the aeb, Ihavent done any research yet, its 1998 s reg
what would you need, the engine alone or complete with everything for a conversion?
I have service book stamped up to 50 odd k aswell.

I'm open to offers at the moment mate, cheers

probably AEB then, what colour is interior? i take it is cloth interior?

i might be interested in gearbox if manual.

also little bits i need are a centre air vent, drivers airvent, plastic cover that goes over PAS fluid resevoir, front lower speaker.

might be interested in speed/rev counter unit if you have the full DIS display and it works properly.

there are other bits but i can't remember at moment.

how much do you want for the engine is it the AEB ?????

******! Beat me to it. Thinking of doing what Markey did and turning it into 1.8T. I'd be after engine, box, ecu, wiring, clocks, all bits needed to make it run really!

Hi
Did your car have original Audi floor Mats fitted? And are they in Black?
If so how much do you want for em? And could you send me some pics please?
Thanks
Steve

What colour's the roof lining, me and a friend have been after a black one for a while to recover the interior A-pillars after fittting boost guage and pod. Def be interested if by any stroke of luck it is black?

Blimey, it's like the gypsies are in town!!

Cheers,

******! Beat me to it. Thinking of doing what Markey did and turning it into 1.8T. I'd be after engine, box, ecu, wiring, clocks, all bits needed to make it run really!

I have a mate selling a Mk4 golf engine AGU with all clocks and ancillaries if you want it, think he wants a grand (it has turbos, intercoolers etc etc)
bit of tinkering and a 1.8t ecu and you are set

You will need the engine loom,airbox,exhaust,turbo,cat,ecu,intercooler and bracket,all turbo pressure pipes,manifolds, injectors . The golf bits are all facing the wrong way so the basic block would be ok, but the manifolds/wiring and turbo will be no good

full conversion kit out of my car, everything you need for £800

Audiman i did e-mail you about some parts did you get it ?

just the engine is £500

I do have a picture of it here, if it helps :confused:
psxwa301107543g.jpg

pm's answerd, thanks for the interest so far.

Hi I have the cassette headunit but I believe it needs de-coding, £20 inc.p+p cheers

What price you looking for for a full front strut I need one to sort out my Brembo project, trying to get some brackets made made to fit the brembos.

Needs to be strut and hub probably with bottom arm too

I'd be interested in the other side strut too, to get my Brembo brackets made.

What brembos you putting on fella??? I've got a set from the Cupra R

doing the same brembo thing but with 4pots from the cayenne, struggling to find a rear strut for a quattro to do the same for the RS4 rears I have!.

is this car a quattro?

Cayenne Brembo 4-piston calipers are similar to S8 ones.

These are mine:

18112007244.jpg

18112007242.jpg

18112007240.jpg

similar but those are the older style multi block brembos
cayenne's run monobloc style with no through bolt. less issues with the corrosion between pad backing plate/piston/caliper

Cayenne Brembo 4-piston calipers are similar to S8 ones.

These are mine:

18112007244.jpg

18112007242.jpg

18112007240.jpg

Very very nice!! mine are form the cupra, they are being painted at the moment then new seals fitted, funny enough they are gtoin to black as well, not into the red caliper thing at the moment dont think it will sit well with the yellow

Yes, I did consider red, but with an orange car...

Just get a S4 set-up and they will bolt on.

finding one is a different matter!
I am thinking of getting a full S4 strut set and ditching the brembos I have for some B7 RS4 fronts and B5 RS4 rears.
just easier than p1ssing around matching discs and adapters to brembos (as nice as they do look on 360mm discs under 18's!)
anyone know of an S4 being stripped let me know!

finding one is a different matter!
I am thinking of getting a full S4 strut set and ditching the brembos I have for some B7 RS4 fronts and B5 RS4 rears.
just easier than p1ssing around matching discs and adapters to brembos (as nice as they do look on 360mm discs under 18's!)
anyone know of an S4 being stripped let me know!

One sec the S4 rears bolt on to a A4 so I see no reason why the RS4's would not other than adding the RS4 brake line (there Longer).

what rear lights does it have m8?? if they have got no orange on them ill have em!! got any pics?? cheers

Hi I belive there is no ornange in the back lights, £40 including postage.

Hey guys, Im in profit with this car already, turns out these cars are spectacular to break. For future refence.

I.E.

dont sell this car fpor -£1700

things are going extremely well and Ive only been breaking it for a week.

Im looking to get a quattro next, about a 2001 reg.:blackrs4:

Thanks Audimandan, and welcome aboard.