Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    2nd Gear

Status

upgraded brake disks and pads

my front disks and pads i have been told are worn.

so. i would like ebc green stuff pads as they have been good in the past

and some 6 groove disks of a decent make.

where would be the cheapest to source these items?

ta

2. # ADS
    ADS

All hail the mighty quattro!

Status
    I've just put EBD red stuffs and their Utimax discs on my S4 as the originals were buggered. Only been on a week so still bedding em in, put seem to be working nicely so far. The best price I could find were from a shop on ebay, azcarpartscouk if I remember rightly.
    MRC-Powerflex-Hotchkis-Porsche-Compomtive-Vredestein-034-JHM-Apikol-EBC-FK-Labree-Vibrant-Recaro

Owner

Status
    I got black diamond grooved discs and ferodo ds2500 pads for mine. Are better than my old drilled and grooved discs and mintex pads.

I have done the 312mm upgrade also. Since it was only an extra 60 for the carriers.
    A4 1.8T Quattro

3rd Gear

Status
    i'd convert to 312mm standard discs from b6 a4 3.0Q with golf/seat/TT 312mm caliper brackets and your calipers. and then use ds2500 pads on front only, use std setup on back if replacing them. also if really want to put some goodridge braided hoses on, i think by then you would have more than enough braking for very little money.
    1998 A4 1.8T Sport - For Saturdays
    2003 VW Golf MKIV R32 - For Sundays
    2000 Peugeot 406 HDi - For when it's raining
    1996 Kawasaki ZX7R - For when I'm late for work!

Mods- Forge Dump Valve, The Engine Shop Power Plus based Engine (Low Comp. Forged pistons, Arrow H-Section Rods, Newman fast road cams, polished & ported head), 19" wheels, B&M Short Shifter, Greddy Turbo Timer, RS4 Grill, Weitec GTN coilovers, HKS modified air filter, Autobahn88 FMIC, ChippedUK custom map. Some Turbo mods ongoing.

3rd Gear

Status
    go for black diamond they meant to be mint and im getting them for my car later this year
    Modified primera :-)

3rd Gear

Status
    honestly guys, i've been track daying for years and done a few races, 99% of the time std discs with good quality pads are usually much better than going for flashy discs.

ferodo ds2500 or pagid blue pads, unless ebc have improved recently i wouldn't even dream of them.

if that doesn't do what you want it's time to start going over to larger discs with 4 or 6 pot calipers. but you are talking extreme at this point. if you are finding your brakes aren't upto it, it is usually your braking technique that needs changing, usually means you are not thinking ahead enough and using the brakes far to aggressivly,

just my 2 pence.

Mods- Forge Dump Valve, The Engine Shop Power Plus based Engine (Low Comp. Forged pistons, Arrow H-Section Rods, Newman fast road cams, polished & ported head), 19" wheels, B&M Short Shifter, Greddy Turbo Timer, RS4 Grill, Weitec GTN coilovers, HKS modified air filter, Autobahn88 FMIC, ChippedUK custom map. Some Turbo mods ongoing.

Will design for mods

Status
    Cheers for that Macca, I need new discs and pads also and your advice probably just saved me a few hundred quid.

FOR SALE: Eibach Sportline Springs from B5 A4. £50 - PM for details.

3rd Gear

Status
    HOW MUCH ARE THOSE DS2500 PADS? these are better than black diamond then?? what about disks though
    Modified primera :-)

6th Gear

Status
    i agree totally with macca, on my brake upgrade im only using stand OEM disks as the after market ones are just to extreme. If you do want it to look a little different then get the zimmerman disks from GSF as they are standard size etc and cross drilled.
    A4 Avant project now started ! see this thread ! http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-s4-forum-b5-chassis/43296-bit-project-going.html
    If you think my post had a usefull purpose please say thanks

3rd Gear

Status
    ds2500 are about 80 pagid blues about 140!!!

you get what you pays for, paying extra on discs i don't think reaps the same benefits.

if you are just fast roading then ds2000 maybe more suitable,.

do NOT go ds3000, they are race pads/severe track day pads and will make a complte mess of your wheels.

if using any pf the pads above i suggest cleaning your wheels with soap and water once a week without fail as sometime the pad dust beds into the alloy. if you keep them clean it is not a problem.

2nd Gear

Status
    right so,

i get audi a4, b6 chasis std disks, 312mm, what year are these, and original audi ones, or just any motorfactor ones?

what is the part number for the brackets? where can they be found?

and where is the best place for these ferodo ds2500pads?

and it will all bolt straight up no problems?

corsas etc i know easy, audi's are new territory to me

6th Gear

Status
    You can get the TT carriers from vagparts or ring all the breakers to see if they have some about.
    A4 Avant project now started ! see this thread ! http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=43296
    If you think my post had a usefull purpose please say thanks

3rd Gear

Status
    for discs goto somewhere like eurocarparts, i think they are 38+vat each disc for OEM quality ones.

ferrodo pads goto www.motorsportworld.com or maybe any of the site sponsors.

3rd Gear

Status
    oh and use model year 2002 a4 b6 3.0 quattro as reference model for discs.

pads obviously are the ones for you model of car.

2nd Gear

Status
    i cant find any pads, really annoying me, the disks i can get from work. not seen any carriers availible yet

3rd Gear

Status
    carriers (VAG part) from breakers yard from golf/seat/tt with 312mm disk i think,(might be a set on ebay at moment) or get new from www.vagparts.co.uk under a4 b5 section for about 95+vat.

you might be ok to go std b5 a4 pads if you are not looking for fast fast road use.

2nd Gear

Status
    i found this site for the disks,

http://www.carparts-direct.co.uk/Bra...TOKEN=32656375

they come in at 100 ish for the pair of front 312mm disks, is that a good price?

3rd Gear

Status
    i said in my post above 38+vat each disk, so sounds on the money. that is for OEM ones, not cheapies.

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    don't touch EBC discs! they are pants!