upgraded brake disks and pads

Adam-D

Reaction score
my front disks and pads i have been told are worn.

so. i would like ebc green stuff pads as they have been good in the past

and some 6 groove disks of a decent make.

where would be the cheapest to source these items?

ta :)

I've just put EBD red stuffs and their Utimax discs on my S4 as the originals were ********. Only been on a week so still bedding em in, put seem to be working nicely so far. The best price I could find were from a shop on ebay, azcarpartscouk if I remember rightly.

I got black diamond grooved discs and ferodo ds2500 pads for mine. Are better than my old drilled and grooved discs and mintex pads.

I have done the 312mm upgrade also. Since it was only an extra £60 for the carriers.

i'd convert to 312mm standard discs from b6 a4 3.0Q with golf/seat/TT 312mm caliper brackets and your calipers. and then use ds2500 pads on front only, use std setup on back if replacing them. also if really want to put some goodridge braided hoses on, i think by then you would have more than enough braking for very little money.

go for black diamond they meant to be mint and im getting them for my car later this year

honestly guys, i've been track daying for years and done a few races, 99% of the time std discs with good quality pads are usually much better than going for flashy discs.

ferodo ds2500 or pagid blue pads, unless ebc have improved recently i wouldn't even dream of them.

if that doesn't do what you want it's time to start going over to larger discs with 4 or 6 pot calipers. but you are talking extreme at this point. if you are finding your brakes aren't upto it, it is usually your braking technique that needs changing, usually means you are not thinking ahead enough and using the brakes far to aggressivly,

just my 2 pence.

HOW MUCH ARE THOSE DS2500 PADS? these are better than black diamond then?? what about disks though

i agree totally with macca, on my brake upgrade im only using stand OEM disks as the after market ones are just to extreme. If you do want it to look a little different then get the zimmerman disks from GSF as they are standard size etc and cross drilled.

ds2500 are about £80 pagid blues about £140!!!

you get what you pays for, paying extra on discs i don't think reaps the same benefits.

if you are just fast roading then ds2000 maybe more suitable,.

do NOT go ds3000, they are race pads/severe track day pads and will make a complte mess of your wheels.

if using any pf the pads above i suggest cleaning your wheels with soap and water once a week without fail as sometime the pad dust beds into the alloy. if you keep them clean it is not a problem.

right so,

i get audi a4, b6 chasis std disks, 312mm, what year are these, and original audi ones, or just any motorfactor ones?

what is the part number for the brackets? where can they be found?

and where is the best place for these ferodo ds2500pads?

and it will all bolt straight up no problems?

corsas etc i know easy, audi's are new territory to me :)

You can get the TT carriers from vagparts or ring all the breakers to see if they have some about.

for discs goto somewhere like eurocarparts, i think they are £38+vat each disc for OEM quality ones.

ferrodo pads goto www.motorsportworld.com or maybe any of the site sponsors.

oh and use model year 2002 a4 b6 3.0 quattro as reference model for discs.

pads obviously are the ones for you model of car.

i cant find any pads, really annoying me, the disks i can get from work. not seen any carriers availible yet

carriers (VAG part) from breakers yard from golf/seat/tt with 312mm disk i think,(might be a set on ebay at moment) or get new from www.vagparts.co.uk under a4 b5 section for about £95+vat.

you might be ok to go std b5 a4 pads if you are not looking for fast fast road use.

i said in my post above £38+vat each disk, so sounds on the money. that is for OEM ones, not cheapies.

don't touch EBC discs! they are pants!