Help with Rotors

Mutinyno9

Reaction score
So i take my car in to get the brakes checking because of this squeaking noise, and find out that i have to get all my rotors, and brakes replaced. Now I'm looking for some rotors first but i don't know what kind is any good. I know that Brembo's are good but is that all there is for good quality? I'm thinking not but if anyone could help me out here it would be appreciated

I think it's one of those things that comes down to what your willing to spend. Brembo makes amazing brakes but you have to be willing to put up the big bucks. Maybe you can try to catch a group buy. You might also want to look at stoptech they also make a solid big brake. But brakes are quite the investment and make quite a big difference in performance.

I saw that a local distributer(Achtuning.com) was selling some like Stoptech stage 2 kit (4 rotors(slotted or drilled), all pads, steel brake hoses, and brake fluid) for $639, is this a good deal. If i were to get this which would be better slotted or drilled rotors?

Try this company there great and you a few option to choose from I went the Stage 1 option and will upgrade calipers later when more funds.

ECS

disc.jpg

post-4-1080782221.jpg

Ask for Adam and tell him David from the UK put you in touch, you wont get a discount but maybe I will on my next order. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey David,

You got through customs ok then? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Audi_A4_Quattro said:
I saw that a local distributer(Achtuning.com) was selling some like Stoptech stage 2 kit (4 rotors(slotted or drilled), all pads, steel brake hoses, and brake fluid) for $639, is this a good deal. If i were to get this which would be better slotted or drilled rotors?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm all about slotted. To many Honda's scootin around the USA with generic drilled rotors and painted calipers. If you don't have a big brake kit keep it the stock rust color, don't draw attention to the tiny brake /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif just my opinion. good luck with it though.

[ QUOTE ]
Lees3 said:
that's not true - stoptech ownership begins at $1895..

[/ QUOTE ]

So are these fake or something, you would know better than i would.
I'm not trying to get a big brake kit. Here is the Stage 2 kit that is for sale...

Quoted from the website
"An excellent choice for the enthusiast whose rotors are nearing the end of their service life, the StopTech Stage 2 kit includes all the components and benefits provided by the Stage 1 kit, but adds value through the addition of direct replacement drilled or slotted rotors at all four corners. For customers interested in attaining an aesthetic edge, we offer cross-drilled rotors that look phenomenal behind that new set of custom wheels as well as preventing glazing of the pads and improving wet and dry braking performance. Alternatively, for the more performance minded enthusiast we recommend slotted rotors that still retain an eye-catching look and provide all the performance gains of a drilled rotor, but are less likely to crack under repeated, severe usage. Regardless of drilling or slotting, all StopTech rotors have a durable black coating on the non-swept areas of the rotor to prevent unsightly corrosion, and quality is assured as the rotors are manufactured to meet or exceed all OE specifications.

They sound ok, but are they floating discs are paid just over $1000 for what you have without the fluid and my fronts where floating disc.

I ordered the lines extra and rear disc (did not have rear in stock at the time and where solid) I think mine was a better deal.

[ QUOTE ]
docurley said:
Made it through without paying a dime, I saved a packet and it paind for my trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif Fantastic!!

[ QUOTE ]
Lees3 said:
that's not true - stoptech ownership begins at $1895..

[/ QUOTE ]

Not correct. Stop tech products start with pads / fluid (stage 1) and then add discs for stage 2.

The big brake upgrades (disc/ caliper/ pads / lines) start at about $1895...

[ QUOTE ]
docurley said:
They sound ok, but are they floating discs are paid just over $1000 for what you have without the fluid and my fronts where floating disc.

I ordered the lines extra and rear disc (did not have rear in stock at the time and where solid) I think mine was a better deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are floating discs copared to non floating discs?
Where did you get your brakes from Docurley? What brand are they. Do you have a pic of your brakes?

[ QUOTE ]
Audi_A4_Quattro said:
[ QUOTE ]
docurley said:

[/ QUOTE ]

What are floating discs copared to non floating discs?
Where did you get your brakes from Docurley? What brand are they. Do you have a pic of your brakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you look up the top your see my pic's of the disc on and off the car and a link above the pictures to the company.

Floating disc are disc that have a hub with the disc bolted to the centre part of the disc hub and what that does is allow the disc to expand under heavy and constant breaking so reducing the chances of the disc warping. If you go to the ECS website they explain it better.