S4 to RS4 turbo upgrade

Transporter_E38

Reaction score
hey guys, im new to the forums, and since i didnt feel that DTMpower.net provided me with enough information, i wanted to ask you guys some questions.

im contemplating a purchase of a B5 S4, (2000 or 2001), are there any particular problems i should look for in purchase?

once its bought, im gonna dive head first into modding, ive seen people selling the Ko4 turbo's on ebay from a eurospec RS4, would the simple swap of the turbo's and a chip get a good gain in power? i honestly feel that 250 BHP is a little weak, im hoping for somewhere between 350-400 BHP, will the turbo swap and the chip do it? or do i need a lot of other work? any other particular mods you would suggest?

and how is the stereo in the B5 S4? ive been noting but dissapointed with the ones in my BMW's, sorry i know its a juvenile question, but i just thought i would ask.

thanks for the help guys!

George

I don't know about the turbo but I can tell you the stereo is pants. If you do nothing else get that Head Unit out!

You can put just the turbi's on, but you won't be seeing 400+ at the crank.

For that you'll be needing larger injectors, aftermarket exhaust system including downpipes & sports cats,.

I have done a lot of researchninto this as I was planning a stage 3+. The AWE RSK04 was the best kit I found, although I would have liked the RS4 Y-pipe and airbox, although the S-flo system will do the job.

OK so whats the best way to get big power out of the US version of the B5 S4.