Just bought a stock 2001 A4, I've been driving it for about 2 weeks now and am still having trouble with smooth accelerations off the line.
I want to drive the smoothest and fastest possible.
I notice the clutch needs a lot of travel distance from the floor before it will engage the gear. I literally have to lift my heel off the floor mat to release the clutch further before it catches and starts to move the vehicle.
1) Is this the same for many of you ? I think my clutch is just really worn, am I wrong?
2) Also, how high do you push your RPM's before upshifting to 2nd ?
I notice when in starting in first I really only move about 20ft before needing to upshift to 2nd (usually 3500rpm)
3) I wanna know if you guys rev more or less than what I do between 1st and 2nd?
4) What do you usually push your RPM's to before shifting up for 1st,2nd, 3rd,4th,5th?
5) Any tips for driving stick in an A4 ? Cause I know this ***** can go faster than how I'm driving it.
Thanks in advance.