Exhaust and dump valve

quattrojim

Reaction score
hello, im after a new exhaust, i dont really want to go with miltek, what else would you guys recommend?

i would like something quite loud!

also can anyone shed some light on a suitable dump valve? again i want to be able to hear it.

am i right in thinkin a forge 007 is good but quiet?
and a baileys dv36 will do the job and is loud?

thanks for any help

mij custom built, people are quoting prices cheaper than an off the shelf exhaust

ive got a jetex exhaust oon my car and it ****** silent!!!!!! it not too bad when you floor the right pedal gives off a nice tone but thats it!! it dint increase db rating at all just alltered the noise under throttle to give that more IM A MEAN MACHINE feel

and i got a forge DV and yes you can hear it woosshhhh but it not stpuidly loud.

The 1.8T motors don't like dumping to atmosphere as it causes over fueling. I use a Forge 007 re-circulating valve and it gives an audible chirp.

Exhaust wise you could go custom just remember to avoid your local freindly PowerFlow dealer

i second that dont go near any powerflow dealer

we are a longlife/wolfrace center using only 304 grade stainless unlike powerflow who are told they can only buy pipe from powerflow which is the lesser grade 303.

MIJ performance, I'd highly recommend them. Just had a full system built there for mine, they'll make whatever volume/noise you want, mine's....er...quite loud! Quality is fantastic, price is very reasonable too, well worth it.

ok cheers guys, i did get a quote on jetex but think i'll avoid that.

mij sounds like a good bet then!

ok so the forge 007p will still be audible using the standard air box or do i need an induction kit to hear it?

becareful as a lot of the exhaust are quoted to be cat backs, and they are clearly NOT. MIJ is the route i'm going to take as i need i think a 3" pipe through for my Big Turbo.

Forge dump valve with my K&N 57i filter (which i don't recommend) is audiable from inside. i think with a standard airbox it might not be. as the original dump valve was even louder with increased boost and k&N. never had std airbox on mine, so don't know.

I went to a powerflow dealer and they couldnt give me any indication on what the install would sound like coz they never touched an A4 1.8T beforehand. And he didnt seem so keen on the setup as he also stated it looked a complicated system, strange I thought so I told him I`ll think about it. Been meaning to save for Milltek, just the wife and kids dont like me having money.

Also on the dump valve, I got the Forge Splitter and its back in its box, I couldnt be done with the dumping noise everytime I let the throttle off. It actually got too chav for my liking. I guess I should be selling it :unsure:

My issues with PowerFlow isn't just the naff grade of stainless used but the fact they don't mandrel bend a tube but weld together lots of small sections. Many joins like that aren't condusive to good gas flow. They also don't flow test the system so you often are left with less power and or torque than the standard system.