apr chip

xxbmxlsxx

Reaction score
when you buy the chip, do they just send it to you , you put in and go? does it make a noticable difference with no other mods except a k&n filter? im new to these cars so sorry if its a dumb question.

usually on the older cars which require a chip change you have to desolder the chip and solder the new one on, not for faint hearted as it is quite difficult if not experienced.

if it is a rom upgrade through the serial port, then they usually have to do that for you as you need a loader program installed on your pc.

as macca said with earlier cars chip had to be removes. on mine i got my local electrcial guy to use his clever machine to cut the old chip out and fit a new frame which means in the future the a chip can just be inserted and removed when ever 5 min job after that. when my chip arrived got the ecu popped the old chip out and then in withe new then BANG lots of power. what car you got?? year etc

What type of chips are they?
I have a PIC programmer that I made years ago for the PSX & early PS2 it read/writes to:
EEPROM
PIC16*84
PIC12C5**
PIC16F876

I dont suppose its any of them?

if you have the correct reader I had some of th eeprom dumps before, let me know and I will look and see if I can find them