Lights

quattrojim

Reaction score
hi there, im after some angel eyes, the black version, but i wanted to know what the deal is with the actual rings, like are the rings replaceable if they blow?

also if anyone happens to be selling a set, then i'm interested!!!

cheers

im after the same lights might go for the fk ones
ive heard that when they go thats it 4 the angel eyes

yeah thats what i was worried about, i don't want to spend £150 to get them and then they blow and im back to no angel eyes.

so are the rings just led's that can be replaced?

i think in the write up it should tell you some of these you have to grind away abit of metal

I personally would stick to OEM - either 1-piece Valeo facelifts, or HID's.

More fitting to the B5's personality. Halo's on cars other than BMW just look wrong.

I have the depo/fk black housing halo lights on my car. These are the ONLY aftermarket headlights I reccomend... the cheap "halo" lights give terrible light output and are very low quality.

Each halo has 3-4 #74 bulbs in them... which provides pretty even lighting of the rings. The actual rings are just lenses snapped into place and there are reflectors for each bulb behind the lens. If one bulb goes out, they're very easy to replace.

Here is a few pictures of a dismantled light, as well as the lights on my car.

69715819iz7.jpg

91782001va8.jpg

37434822ls1.jpg

94955221ub2.jpg

28212437hx3.jpg

95815554ef1.jpg

do they make them for a 1996 b5 and are they a straight swap?

The depo/fk lights come in either one or 2 piece... get the 2 piece version for your car and they will be a direct fit, no cutting of the fenders and the wiring will plug right in.

brilliant, thanks for that reply, exactly what i needed to know,i will definately be getting a set of these.

by the way, that 2nd pic of ur car, with the sky like that looks excellent!!!

@ auroan - that download speed in your sig is mental!

I thought I was doing well with 10496 kb/s with Be-unlimited!

I'm guessing it's not a domestic set-up...

(sorry to all non-nerds for the hijack!)