S4 fuel consumption

chrisa4quat

Reaction score
Hi all, i know this has been discussed before but i cant find it! I had a b5 1.8TQ that returned 22-24mpg and according to the stats should have been early 30's. My mate has a 2.8Q and got more from that from his, and he drives his harder than i did mine. I am now lookin at buyin an s4 or an astra 888 coupe, i know you lot will say the s4 all day but just love the 888's. I'd be very appreciative if ya can tell me what mpg ya get from ya s4's, i do mainly town drivin, sittin in traffic to and from work.
Thanks peeps!

I get about 210-230 miles from a 53 litre tank now that i'm running 400bhp doing the same kind of daily driving.

When I first got it(standard), I managed about 270 miles to a tank, but once I'd overcome the fear of the throttle(about 2 tanks later), I was getting 230 miles almost every time.

Get it onto a motorway and you'll see closer to 30mpg if you're cruising at 70.

Mine - 19.7 average on the DIS at the mo. Missus drives it really slow, I drive it hard.

As the DIS figures can be inaccurate, it's probably a better indication to say how many miles you get to a tank.

Just got back from a weekend away (mostly A roads) - done 310 miles and the dash still reckons i've got 40 miles left in the tank. Well chuffed with this. Better than my old Merc. Obviously not been driving enthusiastically this weekend - had the wife and dog in the car..... Don't worry - normal service will be resumed tomorrow!

I'll quote you my personal experience of my remaped car. If you buy an S4 you WILL end up with it remapped so useful info!

Averages taken with counter reset on every fresh tank. It wil be as bad as ~12-13mpg but only if you continually do short around town sat in traffic driving. Mixed driving I'd say 22-27mpg of course depending on the exact mix. Longer trips out of town trips to achive the 27mpg and on a long motorway haul you might get 30mpg average for a while, but 28-29 more like it.

20-23 for my mapped S4.

26-27 very occasionally on a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng slow motorway run.

Well mine must be special!!!

I do two days @176 miles per day on 55 litres, which is 30mpg or so. And I drive the car like it's stolen!

So you people with low 20's must have a couple less gears. Mine has 6... ( forward that is )

I do two days @176 miles per day on 55 litres, which is 30mpg or so. And I drive the car like it's stolen!

So you people with low 20's must have a couple less gears. Mine has 6... ( forward that is )

No idea how you get that mate....your whole journey must be downhill :D

On average i'll get 275 miles from a tank, that includes slow cruising on the motorway, sitting in traffic, some spirited country roads and some fast motorway driving. Best ive managed was 305 miles from a tank and that was with the missus in the passenger seat most of the time. Right foot may as well have been cut off.....

i used to top out at about 250 miles on my 1.8TQ. But cos its a small engine it has to be revved to go anywhere fast :p

This would be the Hybrid Edition S4 with pedals fitted right?

Even the Audi brochure reckoned on 24mpg.