Question from a new guy

jetspeed

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new to the forum and had a question. I have a 97 A4 1.8T Quattro and want the 99 tail lights, will these fit my car? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I don't know much about these cars yet.......thanks for the help.

No problem. They will fit easily. Don't forget to seal round the aperture when you put the new ones in, though. If you don't you could end up with a lot of water in the boot (sorry, trunk).

thanks for the info jdp1962, could you please explain more on the sealing of the "aperture"? And I have another question, I used to have an Eclipse turbo and loved the sound with an intake and blow-off, what are some good intake systems and blow-off valves for my car? I don't want to spend a rediculous amount either.....thanks again.

[ QUOTE ]
JetSpeed said:
thanks for the info jdp1962, could you please explain more on the sealing of the "aperture"?

The light assembly fits into a hole, cut into the bodyshell, yes? That's the aperture. Run a thick bead of sealant around the rim of the aperture, move the assembly into place, & tighten the fixing bolts. That ensures a good watertight fit & no leaks