EM TuningVolks Autos
    5th Gear

Status

Coilovers fitted -knocking from back

I have had my coilovers fitted while I was away on holiday, I have got my car back and have a loud clunk/knock sound from rear as driving along whenever I hit small bumps etc.
    I think it could be one of 2 things:
    1)Top mounts gone - although the garage says they seemed fine before they were re-installed
    2)Bump Stops - I think they may have put the originals in as well as the new ones from coilovers and it is bottoming out on them.

I was planning and have a look today but do not have a garage and have torrential rain and high winds.. not fun!

They will look at it for me but earliest is next saturday

anyone got any other suggestions?

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Damping set too soft?
    Mo power, mo problems

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Top mounts. they always do it on coil overs. I ended up having to washer it up to stop it
    Its something to do with the piston rod size against the size of the step where the mount goes....... I think that makes sense

5th Gear

Status
    going in tomorrow to get sorted, will let you know what it was/is

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

5th Gear

Status
    That is exactly what it was, cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    Top mounts. they always do it on coil overs. I ended up having to washer it up to stop it
    Its something to do with the piston rod size against the size of the step where the mount goes....... I think that makes sense

2001 S3 (AMK)

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    If only i could fix my car so easily,lol. No problem matey its what we are all here for,sharing knowledge

Owner

Status
    You got some pics for the new look?
    A4 1.8T Quattro, FMIC, Coilovers, B&M short shift, 312mm Brakes, Stage 4 clutch, Awe Gauge, Uprated antiroll bars, plus more bits. Pics Here

5th Gear

Status
    not yet, I am trying to be sensible

I am slightly lower at the minute allowing it all to bed in as I have heard they drop as they settle

then will lower it more
    I will clean it then take some pics later

Quote Originally Posted by Soupie69uk View Post
    You got some pics for the new look?

2001 S3 (AMK)