Coilovers fitted -knocking from back

g60leigh

Reaction score
I have had my coilovers fitted while I was away on holiday, I have got my car back and have a loud clunk/knock sound from rear as driving along whenever I hit small bumps etc.
I think it could be one of 2 things:
1)Top mounts gone - although the garage says they seemed fine before they were re-installed
2)Bump Stops - I think they may have put the originals in as well as the new ones from coilovers and it is bottoming out on them.

I was planning and have a look today but do not have a garage and have torrential rain and high winds.. not fun!

They will look at it for me but earliest is next saturday

anyone got any other suggestions?:hi:

Top mounts. they always do it on coil overs. I ended up having to washer it up to stop it
Its something to do with the piston rod size against the size of the step where the mount goes....... I think that makes sense

That is exactly what it was, cheers mate

Top mounts. they always do it on coil overs. I ended up having to washer it up to stop it
Its something to do with the piston rod size against the size of the step where the mount goes....... I think that makes sense

If only i could fix my car so easily,lol. No problem matey its what we are all here for,sharing knowledge

not yet, I am trying to be sensible

I am slightly lower at the minute allowing it all to bed in as I have heard they drop as they settle

then will lower it more
I will clean it :scared2: then take some pics later

You got some pics for the new look?