MIJ quad exhaust fitted!

Lol. It IS a bit loud for me personally. Sounds nice though.

Luckily it's a V6, and turbocharged. I4 engines are less forgiving, and the noise inside the cabin can be an absolute killer.

Tis a bit droney inside, luckily for me at around 70mph! What fun.....

As Si says the rear section is going I think, too much rasp, doesn't quite suit the car, and just a bit too loud. It was worth a try, looks awesome but just not happy with the noise, so a single back box is going on now I think, to tone i down a bit. Then I've just gotta repair the hole in the bumper, shouldn't be too hard though, but I've said that before.....

Wow. You could go for a larger centre silencer.

And go for a resonated section after the cats. It fits, the resonated section is a sports silencer, and not a lot bigger than 3" pipe.

Where can I get these resonators from?

The middle box is already as big as will fit, plus the pipework is real tight under the car, downpipes back, lost the main cats, so would have to move the whole system further away somehow to fit resonators. Also the nasty metallic rasp noise comes from having a split rear section with quad pipes and no boxes MIJ told me, too much hollow tubing with nothing to stop it, so I don't know how to get rid of that.

I'm trying to avoid having to drive 2 hours back there to maybe sort it. I'm just not sure what to do.

Think a may unbolt the rear section at the weekend and give it a drive, there's a bolt together flange after the middle box, see what she sounds like then, whether the raspiness stays or goes, cos that's my main beef with the sound, the volume I can put up with, and resonators may solve that.

maybe try some of that tape that deadens the sound for the loudness if you check out that video of leon ages ago at pod was a similar sound.

Stapo, I've emailed Pipecraft the S4 underneath picture, to get a quote for my system.

I'll give him a call tomorrow, and discuss the possibility of resonators. You can have regular silencers in place of your cats, or slim resinators as the tailpipes. There are RS4-style resonated ovals, so there are quite a few options.

I'll post his reply here.

Leons sounds good though, loud at full throttle, but nice, prob cos he has a back box, not like a Nova like mine does!

I'll check back tomorrow Siena, see what you find. Cheers

Yeah, he's zerok66 on the forums, mainly rs246 I think. Nice car he's got, very nice, but he's also minted, alright for some!

God my times were rubbish on that vid! Beaten by a ****** measly S3! But I was running on knackered lambda and egt, plus a boost leak, which I discovered afterwards, very helpful.....