how cramped are the rear seats?

youngdriver

Reaction score
i have heard alot of reviews that the A4 (B5) has cramped rear seats. is this true? what is the maximum height person that can sit on the back seats?

is it even bad for kids and teenagers??? apprx how much legroom in CM?

if you are much over 5ft then you could easily be struggling. it obviously depends on the seat position in front but the bottom line is that if you want to carry passengers ona regular basis get an A6

Can I make a suggestion? Why not take someone with you when you go to test drive an A4, and get them to sit behind you?

Its a lot better compared to some 2 door cars such as a Mitsubishi Eclipse where your knees are practically touching your chin in the rear seat. I found the back seat of an A4 a lot more spacious and comfortable than that of an Eclipse.
Hope this helps

[ QUOTE ]
greski said:
Its a lot better compared to some 2 door cars such as a Mitsubishi Eclipse where your knees are practically touching your chin in the rear seat. I found the back seat of an A4 a lot more spacious and comfortable than that of an Eclipse.
Hope this helps

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Greki said about the eclipse, a Mustang is the same way. The back seats are hella small.

hey there yes i do agree there isnt a world of leg room in the back though in my car the 2 front seats have a plastic backing that is cut away where the passengers knees would go im not saying its a wonder but im 6ft and i dont find it that bad sitting in the back.

I just went on a 2 hour trip with 5 in the car (me and 4 passengers!) They said it was squashed and consequently did my head in as they wouldn't stop messing about!! One thing though is with the rear armrest havin a cubby hole in it, there is very little padding and like leaning on an ironing board as my mate put it!

How were you able to fit 5 people in the car and also have the rear armrest down? A little aquard i'd say. You should have told them to find a different ride and i'm driving solo (unless, like Never Follow said, they are thin, beautiful, blonde, and female) I would just go with beautiful and female.

[ QUOTE ]
Never Follow said:
Leg room - who needs it. I don't like people sitting in the back seats anyways.

I agree. People in the back don't add value, they just add weight. Next thing you know, they'll be demanding electric windows as well!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

It is really cramped back there. My kids didn't like it and they're only 5 and 7 years old. I don't think they designed the back seats to be used for sitting, probably just for storing your bags and stuff.

Holy motherlovin thread revival! Wow that must be some kind of record! Lol. Yeah there’s no room though... lol. I have a B5.5 Passat Daily which is like first class in the back, the S4B5. Nope lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bouncer117