TT carriers and A6 discs?

Carriers can be expensive if purchased new, or try and get some from the scrappy.

Disks are not that expensive i got some EBC zinc coated ones from Motorsport World can not remember the price.

Just take of your old carriers fit these ones put on the disks on hey presto :)

Might be worth getting some new pads as well.

What are the carriers from (obviously TT but any model specific or age)? My brother is a metal fabricator (converting cars for disabled drivers) might it be something he can knock up?

Sorry for teh daft questions but I'm pretty new to the world of VAG tuning. Rapidly finding what works on one marque does not mean it will work on another

the carrier is a cast item, they list them on www.vagparts.co.uk look under a4, brakes, 312mm caliper carrier.

not sure if brembo callipers from porsche/seat can be fitted if you can get carriers made up for them, much better option, but more complex.

I need some carrier for the brembo units, I think if we could get them made up they would be a good group buy item, easy upgrade as you can pick the calipers up for a bout £300 second hand now

A while back I mistakenly bought some big *** Brembos from a Range Rover Sport for my S4. I was told at the time that the wouldn't fit because they were Radial mount and I needed Axial mount.

The reason i'm saying is that these huge calipers were about half the price of the same calipers with the correct mounts. If your brother could work out how to build a radial->axial bracket, it could be a good way of getting big brakes cheaper!

Get a set of S4 discs and calipers, that's what I did, made one hell of a difference and they bolted straight on. They're 345mm, they fill the whole wheel up.
DSCF0510.jpg

DSCF0508.jpg

God I miss my Audi....

Chris they bolt staright onto the Quattro, not sure if its the same for the FWD, Docs the man to ask, he's the Audi GURU!!!

should be the same as the only difference with the quattro is at the rear....

s4 brakes wont fit a non S4 on the B5 platform regardless of quattro or fwd

edit: and the B5 S4 disks are 324mm not 345... some crossed wires going on here i think.

s4 brakes wont fit a non S4 on the B5 platform regardless of quattro or fwd

edit: and the B5 S4 disks are 324mm not 345... some crossed wires going on here i think.

Suggest you look at the pictures again, mine is a B5 TDi and they are S4 discs.

I was sure the calipers wouldnt bolt on without the alloy uprights from the S4 as they are different to a normal A4 2wd or 4wd

You have mentioned that it is a TDI which on ? As that makes the difference the S4 Carriers wont fit on a B5 1.8T at all FWD or Quattro as said above.

is it a v6 TDI? that might explain it as im sure the V6 TDI uprights have larger bearings and CV's than the 1.8T items, maybe they used S4 parts on them

the B6 platform uses the same caliper bolt spacing as the B5 S4, so you could use any of the B6 calipers on that model too which might explain the 345mm disks you claimed to be using (B6 S4 has 345mm disks)

in the pics, the upright looks kinda alloy looking. i did think it could have been the flash, hindsight etc etc

hmmmm, Byzan, tdi uprights, drive shafts, 6 spd gearbox, s4 brakes onto our a4 1.8T's ??????

maybe all fit together?

doh, chris you little terror, got my hopes up then. :)

fair enough, i've swapped the other way, used to have a e36 with supercharged m42 engine and a e30 m3.

I did the whole job for about £300 using A6 discs/pads from Euro and TT calipers from VAGParts.
The S4 calipers weigh a ton, apparently, but the A6 discs are also heavy when compared to the 288mms ones that are stock.Quattro weighs 1445kgs and needed a bit of help but the AP or Porsche route is the best

Yes I can concur with that, the discs I had weighed a ton. The calipers weren't that heavy, they're aluminium.